The Federal Republic of Harjad is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by John Doe with an even hand, and notable for its national health service, complete lack of prisons, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 4.449 billion Frogs enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jakarta. The average income tax rate is 85.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Harjadian economy, worth 574 trillion Wednesdays a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 129,034 Wednesdays, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
In the Beginning was the Word and the Word was "Pragmatism", the news is showing footage of John Doe bullying an old man to the point of tears, signs at the border tell international drivers where they can put their cars, and classes are regularly interrupted by drunken children. Crime is totally unknown. Harjad's national animal is the Lepidobatrachus laevis, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Harjad, classes are regularly interrupted by drunken children.
- : Following new legislation in Harjad, signs at the border tell international drivers where they can put their cars.
- : Following new legislation in Harjad, the news is showing footage of John Doe bullying an old man to the point of tears.
- : Following new legislation in Harjad, in the Beginning was the Word and the Word was "Pragmatism".
- : Harjad was endorsed by The Republic of Berhart.
- : Harjad was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Dechire par la Guerre.
- : Harjad was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Yalkan.
- : Harjad was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Harjad, ambitious "businessmen" use their children to sell and advertise their products.
- : Following new legislation in Harjad, billions of Wednesdays are spent to take high-quality photos of the Lepidobatrachus Laevis Nebula.
Endorsements Received: 113 » Pazair, Omnistria, Castle Federation, Yaorozu, Saperisole, Hamerica, Ihese, PotatoFarmers, Territorio di Nessuno, Shinjuku tokyo 0, Ethnon, Notyoutopia, Korovan Isles, Sevinland, Great Bights Mum, Valhalla123, Guer Aike, El Fiji Grande, Daiz, Kocherian, Koda-Land, Shibutani, Corfad, Empy, Ihsan, The Calabash Protectorate, Zumlandia, The Rhein States, Interdimensional Zone, Siwale, Plutayah, Zzozona, New Lakemba, Sikol, Former English Colony, McMasterdonia, The Tampa Bay Rays, Newpromisedland, Frances Francis the First of France, Brucklania, Prydania, 1 very fast endotarter, Fauzjhia, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Sundred, Dreadton, Selfgradatude, Orado, Dar es Saalam, North Bratislava, and 63 others.Sea Ghost, Dabarastan, Noahs Second Country, Pallaith, Hoglands, Xagill, The Iron Lions, Kranostav, Fendlium, Seenvorland, Seanat, Loutsland, Pizza Squared, Libertania Democratica, Wineclaw, Valentine Z, Westinor, Sunto, Arichia, The United States of Nuclear Weapons, Joodey, Praeceps, Clan Spaniel, The Pantheons, Schnuftelland, Zeternia, Highton Islands, Borsukia, New Jamgra, Damsmel, The New Cordian Empire, Aeolist, Abject Ludicrosity, Xyrron, Madjack, Ravendi, Sil Dorsett, Eschatosia, Kragsgale, Xipher, Astal Aavors, Amerian States, Illusia and Neverendia, Simone Republic, Ultra777, Buckhem, Frahnkzaden, Paverium, Andexia, Moubarakistan, Principia Mathematica, Neu-Galicia, Wilkshire, U S Eh, The Most Freedom Ever, Great Vritania, Solskjar, Aexo, Heilhum Imperius, Napnomadia, Yalkan, Dechire par la Guerre, and Berhart.