The Psychotic State of Homalia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Kyl Vederfe with an iron fist, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, anti-smoking policies, and compulsory gun ownership. The compassionate, cynical, devout population of 1.269 billion Homalians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Denishlanden. The average income tax rate is 63.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Homalian economy, worth 97.9 trillion Homalian Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 77,163 Homalian Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes, women across the country are tying the knot, even God cannot save you in Homalia, and elections have been outlawed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Homalia's national animal is the German Shepherd, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Homalia's influence in Kelios rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Following new legislation in Homalia, elections have been outlawed.
- : Homalia was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Homalia, even God cannot save you in Homalia.
- : Following new legislation in Homalia, women across the country are tying the knot.
- : Following new legislation in Homalia, election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes.
- : Homalia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Food Quality.
- : Following new legislation in Homalia, police officers that upset their bosses get assigned to 24 hour stakeouts of bike sheds.
- : Following new legislation in Homalia, lonely people are supposed to be cheered up by the many parties that they are never invited to.
- : Homalia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Elections and Assistance Act"".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Heromerland.