The Republic of Wilkshire is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by President Paul Williams with a fair hand, and notable for its avant-garde cinema, keen interest in outer space, and national health service. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 30.208 billion Wilkshireans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Westbury. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Wilkshirean economy, worth a remarkable 6,643 trillion wilkoes a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 219,915 wilkoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Teenagers performing appendectomies on their friends has become a popular schoolyard prank, genocide is seen as a topic best avoided in history lessons, flu research is commonly shut down for fear of creating a superbug, and the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wilkshire's national animal is the cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wilkshire was endorsed by The Failed State of Nippluania.
- : Following new legislation in Wilkshire, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- : Following new legislation in Wilkshire, flu research is commonly shut down for fear of creating a superbug.
- : Following new legislation in Wilkshire, genocide is seen as a topic best avoided in history lessons.
- : Following new legislation in Wilkshire, teenagers performing appendectomies on their friends has become a popular schoolyard prank.
- : Wilkshire was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Wilkshire voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend the Rejected Realms".
- : Following new legislation in Wilkshire, referenda are banned by law and the Parliament has absolute control of the legislative process.
- : Following new legislation in Wilkshire, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries.
- : Following new legislation in Wilkshire, the nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events.
Endorsements Received: 70 » Muchwowz, The Republic of IceIceJay, Celtian, Raghallaigh, Potchen, Omaha Utopia, Noahs Second Country, Murden, Psydrae, Malashaan Colony, The Church of Nibbles, Gordio, Ivelboria, Akeland, Mousebumples, Patriotic Poland, Katkasistan, The 9gagger, Juneou, Kingdom of Nikolajopolis, Vorhollah, Anoynmous Members, Alt Penguinia, ShinChonJi, The Knights who say Neee, Beejland, Lastovipol, Yugarritia, New Gadsden, Cottoncandytopia, The United Socialist Republic of Datlof, Pyntuma, Constancy, Budraria, The Fourth Landing of Angels, Mouzone, The Galactic Empire v3, Southland, Democratic Republic of One, Capitalist Order, Pacificina, Croerhiel, North Cascades, Mayhem and Melee, Robbonia, Vermangale, Nau States, Precisely Nothing, Jahuvia, Wollastonite, and 20 others.SETTLEMENT OF DREAMS, NoodieNews, Free Kodak Black, Southern New England, Almendron, Earth Federal Union, Sartaria, Albocore, North West Ko, FairyTail43, Le Libertia, Cadoreni, Cortlandt Manor, Telloa, New Aweic Wirs, Foge And, Elaeria, Spiderman, Erica, and Nippluania.