The Republic of Wilkshire is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by President Paul Williams with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 30.725 billion Wilkshireans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Westbury. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Wilkshirean economy, worth a remarkable 6,823 trillion wilkoes a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 222,082 wilkoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Vacationers and business travelers are often warned that they may lose the right to vote if they spend too much time overseas, sullen teenagers in bright orange 'community payback' onesies can be seen picking litter at the roadside, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries, and all guns must be registered. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wilkshire's national animal is the cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Wilkshire, all guns must be registered.
- : Following new legislation in Wilkshire, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries.
- : Following new legislation in Wilkshire, sullen teenagers in bright orange 'community payback' onesies can be seen picking litter at the roadside.
- : Following new legislation in Wilkshire, vacationers and business travelers are often warned that they may lose the right to vote if they spend too much time overseas.
- : Wilkshire voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Enabling The Disabled In Academia".
- : Wilkshire endorsed The Potato Peeling Poltergeists of Sanjurika.
- : Wilkshire was endorsed by The Potato Peeling Poltergeists of Sanjurika.
- : Following new legislation in Wilkshire, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law.
- : Wilkshire endorsed The Republic of Forunte.
- : Wilkshire was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
Endorsements Received: 72 » Pallaith, Kaschovia, Puczovska, Wicheye, Tharissus, Friently, Yaorozu, Great Bights Mum, Sunto, Kwaj, Tinhampton, Boszu, Notyoutopia, Ovsterland, Reannia, South Grand Mountain, Omicron Persei V111, General COE, Enosville, Moristia, Lord Ravenclaw, Siwale, Jenner-Kardash, Hong Kong Empire, Alice Gardens, Islamic Indistan, Holy Oranz, Bharathvarsh, Lavanania, Shin-Hachioji, Lusitann, Natorik, SORT, Shadowrik, Kobagia, Che Sana Und, Das People, Merconitonitopia, Faxfleet, Bikeni Jobia, Legique, Vszeklina, The United Front of Patriotic Fascists, Nakyr, Wineclaw, ZimRobwe, Kingdom of Space, Victoriaans Nederlands, Sil Dorsett, Diodone, and 22 others.Rylam, Zokk, Moubarakistan, Lamexanope, Anima Proxa, The Akhara Islands, Libera Publica, Southern Dracs, Coemgen, Kelvaros Prime, Pria Xennes, Doyleada, Greenstead, Kizja, Octal Regn, Selfgradatude, Fuoreew, Religioncord, American MapleStory, Valkyrie Islands, Forunte, and Sanjurika.