The Avo❤️Avo of Gorundu is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The democratic population of 2.96 billion Gorundans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The WALL. The average income tax rate is 62.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Gorundan economy, worth 59.4 trillion avocados a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Pizza Delivery, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 20,081 avocados, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The state believes that nature-oriented summer camps will somehow solve youth crime, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills, and adverts proclaim it has to be healthy if the Mornay uses hand-grated Gallopavian Gruyère. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gorundu's national animal is the avocado, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gorundu resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Gorundu voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
- : Gorundu was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Dropey.
- : Gorundu was endorsed by The Empire of Gautania.
- : Gorundu voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
- : Gorundu voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : Gorundu was endorsed by The Kingdom of Ozstan.
- : Gorundu was endorsed by The New Comfedian Empire of Comfed.
- : Gorundu was endorsed by The Colony of Lux Conos.
- : Gorundu lodged a message on the 10000 Islands Regional Message Board.