The Kingdom of Prydania is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by King Tobias III with an even hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, devout population of 4.184 billion Prydanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Beaconsfield. The average income tax rate is 43.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Prydanian economy, worth 441 trillion crosses a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 105,459 crosses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property, residents of newly dried out bays live in fear of leaky dikes, women have a strange proclivity for dressing up as caped weasels, and children need to wear helmets and safety harnesses before mounting a carousel horse. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Prydania's national animal is the elk, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Lutheranism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Prydania was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Choistan.
- : Following new legislation in Prydania, children need to wear helmets and safety harnesses before mounting a carousel horse.
- : Prydania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Marriage Equality"".
- : Prydania endorsed The Dictatorship of Choistan.
- : Following new legislation in Prydania, women have a strange proclivity for dressing up as caped weasels.
- : Prydania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Prydania, residents of newly dried out bays live in fear of leaky dikes.
- : Following new legislation in Prydania, any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property.
- : Following new legislation in Prydania, you need two tenors and a coloratura contralto to sing the national anthem properly.
- : Prydania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Language Act".
Endorsements Received: 113 » Shin-Hachioji, Sil Dorsett, Pallaith, HMS Unicorn, Notyoutopia, Great Bights Mum, Lavanania, Selfgradatude, South Grand Mountain, Yaorozu, Kaschovia, Beodarasc, Diodone, Bharathvarsh, Sunto, Marsh Castle, McMasterdonia, Kingdom of Space, Holy Oranz, Coemgen, Plembobria, Forunte, Friently, Zemnaya Svoboda, Alice Gardens, Reannia, Kwaj, Wilkshire, Sheppey, Colony of lasting Hopes, The Akhara Islands, Shadowrik, Anima Proxa, Aenglaland, Yukti, Wills Dominion, AdyLand, Pits and Perverts, Sanjurika, Zedeya, Beowulfe, Prevaland, Rylam, The Utopian Movement, Fawkenia, SchoolHouse Rock, Mouxordia, Sankami, Buckerino, Kelvaros Prime, and 63 others.Ausmercia, Siwale, Stareogratia, Clintonburge, Transhumanist Anarchical Union, Articune, I Am Bad At Naming Nations, Malta Comino Gozo, Cuyan, Seven Hills, Cloydicia, Bayern-Straubing, Lord Ravenclaw, The Iron Lions, Sailence, The Lancerian Empire, Aerilia, Thederic Nors, Superior Indonesia, Moubarakistan, Universal State Formula, The Utopian Initiative, Zandir Antari, Amerian States, Vogonlandia, General COE, New Godastrada, Maestros haven, Xentherida, American MapleStory, Territorio di Nessuno, Coppicia, Tredano, PlanetPunk, Che Sana Und, Corfad, Pakistan 001, Inorganic Tomb Thing, Slaughterhouse Nine, Lionia, Celebia, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Fckinablearisticationalia, Phillywob, Wodan, Rockym, AceytlCholine, Thenaca, Aeroias, Wineclaw, Yukkira, Ainsworth, Felhaven, Xinchao, Deropia, Pria Xennes, Victoriaans Nederlands, Velow, Morrn, Republic of Dixie, Tianqing, The Bastion Isles, and Choistan.