|Capital||Drekk Kause Pyo|
|Leader||the Great One|
|Faith||the Way of the Light|
The Kingdom of Merconitonitopia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by the Great One with an even hand, and remarkable for its infamous sell-swords, fear of technology, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 12.642 billion Merconites are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded morass — prioritizes Defense, although Environment, Spirituality, and Industry are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Drekk Kause Pyo. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Merconite economy, worth a remarkable 4,868 trillion denars a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, extremely specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is an amazing 385,137 denars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Flatulent people are left to die of cancer at the end of hospital waiting lists, bins outnumber trees in city parks, all the world's a stage for Merconite political theatrics, and the police crack down on tax evaders without mercy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Merconitonitopia's national animal is the barnacle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is the Way of the Light.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Merconitonitopia, the police crack down on tax evaders without mercy.
- : Following new legislation in Merconitonitopia, all the world's a stage for Merconite political theatrics.
- : Following new legislation in Merconitonitopia, bins outnumber trees in city parks.
- : Merconitonitopia was endorsed by The Benevolent Republic of Castelia.
- : Following new legislation in Merconitonitopia, flatulent people are left to die of cancer at the end of hospital waiting lists.
- : Following new legislation in Merconitonitopia, colonists who were promised new lands find only war-torn devastation.
- : Following new legislation in Merconitonitopia, members of the government all have oddly similar anecdotes about their childhoods.
- : Merconitonitopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Merconitonitopia endorsed The Multiversal Empire of MineLegotia and Equestria.
- : Following new legislation in Merconitonitopia, over a third of the seats in sports stadiums have been removed to make room for female-only commodes.
Endorsements Received: 69 » Jocospor, ShrewLlamaLand, Taurus94, Shronok, La Polizia Si Incazza, Wilhelms, French Arabia, Galactic Imperial Republic, Canaveran Empire, United Peoples of Hell, Andoros, Balqia, Great Iounotchkia, Doerbach, Ugria, The great Beaver, Pereyra, Fascist States of Nationalist Slavland, Winter Gulley, Shiya, Comein, The Souless Damned, Inferno Drake, Gerista, New-Korean union, Regna Loreau, West Heisen, Unilandx, Apermania, Khanbaliq Mongolia, The Devito States of Africa, Hunem, Ingostan, Draakenberg, Consterius Reich, Great Morningstar, Kazakah, Coalora, Ruthlessnia, Imperiium, Asintion, Aeioux, Penarastaria, North Emestia, The Dixie Confederate Union, Famarrod, American Pere Housh, Olorius, Grouberdastchereichenstag, Saradovia, and 19 others.His Greatness Zsquin, Vlamms Statt, Mysor, Sparkvernia, Yraipotnoj, Country of CityTowne, Holy Barracuda, Prushkov, Branalia, Middle Ran Kals Colbown, Slavokian, Rossiyaana, Vinitas, Terra de Combattimento, Fetra, Blutiges Imperium, Twost, MineLegotia and Equestria, and Castelia.