The Republic of Itanland is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Ruben with an even hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, smutty television, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, humorless population of 11.369 billion Itanlandians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Itandon. The average income tax rate is 4.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Itanlandian economy, worth a remarkable 2,960 trillion Itans a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 260,410 Itans, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
One does not simply walk into the tundra, traumatised refugees have a full bedpan shoved into their hands along with their immigration papers, a rolling news ticker tape of disclaimers runs across the bottom of the screen on all TV shows, and census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate. Crime is totally unknown. Itanland's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Itanland, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate.
- : Following new legislation in Itanland, a rolling news ticker tape of disclaimers runs across the bottom of the screen on all TV shows.
- : Following new legislation in Itanland, traumatised refugees have a full bedpan shoved into their hands along with their immigration papers.
- : Following new legislation in Itanland, one does not simply walk into the tundra.
- : Following new legislation in Itanland, the government officially wants you to slow down and speak more clearly.
- : Following new legislation in Itanland, fifteen-year-olds cannot walk younger siblings to school without a professional Childcare and Education Certificate.
- : Following new legislation in Itanland, local mafias have a tough time disposing of dead snitches without catching the attention of recycling authorities.
- : Following new legislation in Itanland, there's no cure or sympathy for the common cold.
- : Following new legislation in Itanland, Ruben spends weekends doing the laundry of foreign leaders.
- : Itanland was endorsed by The Empire of Heilhum Imperius.
Endorsements Received: 211 » Diodone, Siwale, El Fiji Grande, The Rhein States, Omnistria, Territorio di Nessuno, Ethnon, Yaorozu, Malta Comino Gozo, PlanetPunk, Sundred, Kwaj, Corfad, Great Bights Mum, North Bratislava, Bearical, Dar es Saalam, Dreadton, Napnomadia, Kasazzastan, Notyoutopia, Shibutani, Frances Francis the First of France, Newpromisedland, Koda-Land, Ninjak30, Xentherida, New Pruessen, Unsophisticate, Sunto, Wilkshire, Zumlandia, Cloydicia, Empy, Selfgradatude, Holy Oranz, Shadowrik, Sil Dorsett, Pallaith, Yukti, Warsaw-Halicz, Maott, United Draconia, Kulgatha, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Vincone Cae, The Windmilluminati, Wineclaw, Pasargad, Buckerino, and 161 others.Guer Aike, Asgardira, Universal State Formula, Moubarakistan, Orado, New Trisone, Tarr-Nation, Atain, The Sinclarian Provinces, The Iron Lions, Joodey, Niradans, Votak Matim, Egalico, Solmetria, Steampunk Ariel, Plangainer, Haor Chall, Trillius, Unimaginable Doom, Astronomical, Sea Ghost, The Discipled, Valhalla123, Nakayo, 1 very fast endotarter, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Acrabinnia, Noahs Second Country, Former English Colony, Loutsland, Glurponia, Kobagia, Runeda, Daiz, The Tampa Bay Rays, Zeternia, Wisconsota, New Octicarg, McMasterdonia, The Stratosphere Islands, Abject Ludicrosity, Gnomewatchers, PotatoFarmers, Clan Spaniel, United Kahndaq, Kranostav, Pazair, Seenvorland, Viridiann, Dabarastan, Lendara, Kingdom Of Manaf, Zyvetskistaahn, Ravendi, Interdimensional Zone, Castle Federation, Palgo, Praeceps, Valentine Z, Fendlium, Volstokn, Cobleck Weleis, Tachycardia, Lungha, Avemterra, Loli County, Hamerica, Merconitonitopia, Valatic Ash, Xagill, Woodsend, The New Communist Republic Of States, Wit Noreis, MiaryBhalzhack, The Endless Eventide, SherpDaWerp in TNP, Ihese, The Lancerian Empire, Crader, The World Capitalist Confederation, Yokciq Empire, SORT, Nisastria, Antiyard, Nistriabar, Varola, New Lakemba, Supreme Leader Hadrian, Unshleepd, Irishvan, Ereena, Hyphen, Serendipita Martia, The Pantheons, Korovan Isles, Fizban, Westinor, The Serdey Islands, Fauzjhia, Mesopotama, Greater Pittsburgh, Avastate, Fayyayid, The Ricebenders, Frostcell, PortvgaI, Sikol, Saperisole, Cowbridge, Hoglands, Iztocna Slavija, Zzozona, Plutayah, Prydania, I Like Killing people, Methor, Shinjuku tokyo 0, Asoc lon, Libertania Democratica, Kocherian, The Calabash Protectorate, Yalgora, Seanat, Pizza Squared, Arbor Marshes, Brucklania, Principia Mathematica, Arichia, The United States of Nuclear Weapons, Schnuftelland, Montinario, Hopsin, Maclare, Solskjar, Palisede, Highton Islands, Borsukia, Damsmel, New Jamgra, Innocentic, The New Cordian Empire, Xyrron, Madjack, Energi Empire, Eschatosia, Ihsan, Kragsgale, Xipher, Lionia, Simone Republic, Erubetia, Astal Aavors, Amerian States, Illusia and Neverendia, Free Nation of Hong Kong, Buckhem, Andexia, Ultra777, U S Eh, and Heilhum Imperius.