|Animal||Deadly Garden Snake|
The Oppressed Peoples of Gurou is a large, safe nation, remarkable for its frequent executions, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 62 million Gurouans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 74.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Gurouan economy, worth 3.02 trillion Iousies a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 48,769 Iousies, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
'Police Academy 36' and 'Sharknados On A Plane' are vying for top spot at the box-office, many rural villagers have never been more than a day's horse-ride from their birthplace, Max Barry is this year's Miss Gurou, and all alcohol is banned. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gurou's national animal is the Deadly Garden Snake, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gurou was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Gurou was endorsed by The Principality of Sil Dorsett.
- : Gurou was endorsed by The Kingdom of Malta Comino Gozo.
- : Following new legislation in Gurou, all alcohol is banned.
- : Following new legislation in Gurou, Max Barry is this year's Miss Gurou.
- : Following new legislation in Gurou, many rural villagers have never been more than a day's horse-ride from their birthplace.
- : Following new legislation in Gurou, 'Police Academy 36' and 'Sharknados On A Plane' are vying for top spot at the box-office.
- : Gurou was endorsed by The Republic of The Pantheons.
- : Gurou voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom of Expression"".
- : Following new legislation in Gurou, pet owners must make a payment if their charges leave a deposit.
Endorsements Received: 60 » Territorio di Nessuno, Corfad, Siwale, Shibutani, Gladio II, Sundred, Wodan, Yaorozu, Kylesburgh, World Assembly Endorsements, PlanetPunk, The Mace Kingdom, McMasterdonia, Koda-Land, Eravonia, Mzeusia, Universal State Formula, United Draconia, Bayern-Straubing, Notyoutopia, Empy, Albacria, Buckerino, Wineclaw, Shin-Hachioji, Pallaith, Zeternia, Selfgradatude, Sunto, Kwaj, Varagog, Liberentis, Sacrento, Frances Francis the First of France, Atain, Zokk, Former English Colony, Shadowrik, Xinchao, Holy Oranz, THX1138, Tyroshh, Q w e r t y, Pizza Squared, Guslantis, Ethnon, Wildthorne, CedieRKing, Alsace and Lorraine United, RaRaRasputinn, and 10 others.The United States of Romania, Sanjurika, Sahriastan, Hyperbanus, Waterma, I am the one who knocks, Dovena, The Pantheons, Malta Comino Gozo, and Sil Dorsett.