|Animal||Deadly Garden Snake|
The Oppressed Peoples of Gurou is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Simoji with an iron fist, and remarkable for its ritual sacrifices, infamous sell-swords, and hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 784 million Gurouans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Administration are also considered important, while International Aid and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of WiyNei. The average income tax rate is 74.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Gurouan economy, worth 44.3 trillion Iousies a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 56,562 Iousies, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is encouraging violence on television, museums have more touchscreens on display than artifacts, friendly fire incidents usually result in severe burns, and courses in how to boil water are popular for formerly microwave-reliant Gurouans. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gurou's national animal is the Deadly Garden Snake, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Gurou, courses in how to boil water are popular for formerly microwave-reliant Gurouans.
- : Following new legislation in Gurou, friendly fire incidents usually result in severe burns.
- : Following new legislation in Gurou, museums have more touchscreens on display than artifacts.
- : Following new legislation in Gurou, the government is encouraging violence on television.
- : Gurou voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Chan Island".
- : Following new legislation in Gurou, customs turn away those considered to have an unfavourable ethnicity.
- : Following new legislation in Gurou, it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools.
- : Following new legislation in Gurou, the Department of Reduction of Bureaucratic Red Tape has set up a working committee to investigate its own excessive paperwork.
- : Gurou endorsed The Federation of Ethnon.
- : Gurou was endorsed by The Enlightened State of Staenga.
Endorsements Received: 112 » Territorio di Nessuno, Corfad, Siwale, Shibutani, Gladio II, Sundred, Wodan, Yaorozu, Kylesburgh, PlanetPunk, The Mace Kingdom, McMasterdonia, Koda-Land, Mzeusia, Universal State Formula, United Draconia, Bayern-Straubing, Notyoutopia, Empy, Albacria, Buckerino, Wineclaw, Shin-Hachioji, Pallaith, Zeternia, Selfgradatude, Sunto, Kwaj, Sacrento, Frances Francis the First of France, Atain, Zokk, Former English Colony, Shadowrik, Holy Oranz, THX1138, Tyroshh, Q w e r t y, Pizza Squared, Guslantis, Ethnon, CedieRKing, Alsace and Lorraine United, RaRaRasputinn, The United States of Romania, Sanjurika, Sahriastan, Hyperbanus, Dovena, Malta Comino Gozo, and 62 others.Sil Dorsett, Maott, Moubarakistan, East Darlown Zamatraporia, Rochester Black, Victoriaans Nederlands, Kulgatha, Suicidistan, Aenglaland, Vsyerossiya, I am the one who knocks, Xentherida, El Fiji Grande, American MapleStory, Diodone, East Wushen, Misuvelia, Dar es Saalam, Abrickhouse, New Trisone, Solcialist States, Maj Tonia Godgueeber, Democritus, Wilkshire, Bapaving, Joaquin El Chapo Guzman, Yarecir, Tawya, Curtis Cosla, The Iron Lions, Ayylienz, West Coastal States, The Pantheons, Freienland, The Rhein States, Ostrolia, Highton Islands, The Most Freedom Ever, Lionia, Arstungry, Racoda, Minuda, East Supple Lund, Deerfenland, Great Bights Mum, Islavity Pod, Mtzkekizustania, Snoodum, Vexilia, Renzic, New Ankorria, Babacar, Vigerus, Justinisches Reich, Bananaaaaa, New Eleria, New Bremerton, Funkadelia, Frees Liona, New Pruessen, The Serdey Islands, and Staenga.