The Democratic Republic of Bharathvarsh is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, national health service, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 9.476 billion Bharathvasis have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bharathvarsh City. The average income tax rate is 90.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Bharathvarshian economy, worth a remarkable 1,638 trillion rupees a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 172,911 rupees, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
Children are terrified that the 'flying police monster' will come to take them away in the night, the masses are surrendering their civil liberties without complaint for the sake of shopping convenience, there's a big brother in every prison, and bars are packed at all hours. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bharathvarsh's national animal is the lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bharathvarsh's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Hatchling" to "Squire".
- : Bharathvarsh applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Bharathvarsh relocated from Osiris to The North Pacific.
- : Bharathvarsh was refounded in Osiris.
- : Bharathvarsh ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Bharathvarsh was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Bharathvarsh was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Survivors.
- : Bharathvarsh was struck by a Mk V (Cauterizer) Cure Missile from The Borderlands of Old Cheyenne, curing 35 million infected.
- : Bharathvarsh was struck by a Mk V (Cauterizer) Cure Missile from The Free Land of Marv Island, curing 39 million infected.
- : Bharathvarsh was struck by a Mk V (Cauterizer) Cure Missile from The Republic of Pierpontia, curing 67 million infected.