The Peopledom of Soem is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Pyt Snarkulton with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 20.371 billion Soemeosy have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is primarily concerned with Education, although Healthcare and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. The average income tax rate is 76.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Soemeon economy, worth a remarkable 1,403 trillion Ideas a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Information Technology industry. Average income is 68,914 Ideas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
The police have taken to prying guns out of the cold fingers of Soemeosy, bars are packed at all hours, corporate lawyers are switching careers to the more lucrative field of green politics, and cloning has been banned. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Soem's national animal is the Snark, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Soem, cloning has been banned.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, corporate lawyers are switching careers to the more lucrative field of green politics.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, bars are packed at all hours.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, the police have taken to prying guns out of the cold fingers of Soemeosy.
- : Soem voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Antalia".
- : Following new legislation in Soem, the government is reining in public spending.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, Super Barry Brothers is the most popular video game in the nation.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, crocodile roadkill is smeared across the asphalt of the new Formula One track.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, politicians tend to jump ship to whichever party is currently leading in the polls.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, foreign nations kill migratory animals at random in the hope that Soem will pay them to stop.
Endorsements Received: 60 » Fudgetopia, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Darakin, Theorin, Bear Connors Paradiso, The Bloodguard, Tsunamy, Kiasu-ism, Cape Adare, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Drugged Monkeys, Ancient Slobovia, Seliyan progressive Islands, SJS Republic, Crusader Imperium, Lolochie, Great Scapula, Francesad, Zadiner, Bugmalandia, Farengeto, Kringalia, Sandaoguo, Belschaft, Quiescent, Extremely Democratic People, Trollmel, Opimo, Shadman Equebal, Bonaugure, Pencil Sharpeners 2, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, Trelatche, Monkstar, Soviet El Paso, Gothamopulis, Sierra Lobo, Kingdom of Penem, Esu19, FreeFishers, Tibrilyar, Imkitopia, SuperTronGodTopia, B69, Magna Sydney, NorthFitzroy, The International Knights, Transtemporal Shifts, JR Smith, and 10 others.Scrilania, The Resigned, Jayaland, Escade, Kiria Deeland, Land Without Shrimp, The Great Library, Auphelia, The United Expanse, and Eff-Land.