The Peopledom of Soem is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Pyt Snarkulton with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 20.963 billion Soemeosy enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, with Spirituality and Defense not funded at all. The average income tax rate is 3.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Soemeon economy, worth a remarkable 1,032 trillion Ideas a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 49,231 Ideas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
In a desperate bid for cheap airfare Soemeosy can be seen jogging in a rubber suit just before flying, businesses often fire workers in favour of cheaper automatic systems, government officials sit helplessly as they are labelled 'Pompous Womples' by celebrities, and annulments are on the rise as couples discover their ancestors were born in the same hospitals. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Soem's national animal is the Snark, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Soem was endorsed by The Blue Electorate of United Federated States of Omega.
- : Soem was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Soem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend the Rejected Realms".
- : Following new legislation in Soem, annulments are on the rise as couples discover their ancestors were born in the same hospitals.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, government officials sit helplessly as they are labelled 'Pompous Womples' by celebrities.
- : Soem was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Soem, businesses often fire workers in favour of cheaper automatic systems.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, in a desperate bid for cheap airfare Soemeosy can be seen jogging in a rubber suit just before flying.
- : Following new legislation in Soem, multiple polls have christened the newly-formed Filibuster Committee as "the least efficient government bureaucracy".
- : Following new legislation in Soem, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets.
Endorsements Received: 78 » Fudgetopia, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Darakin, Theorin, Bear Connors Paradiso, The Bloodguard, Tsunamy, Kiasu-ism, Cape Adare, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Drugged Monkeys, Ancient Slobovia, Seliyan progressive Islands, SJS Republic, Great Scapula, Francesad, Zadiner, Bugmalandia, Farengeto, Kringalia, Sandaoguo, Belschaft, Quiescent, Extremely Democratic People, Opimo, Bonaugure, Pencil Sharpeners 2, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, Trelatche, Soviet El Paso, Gothamopulis, Sierra Lobo, Kingdom of Penem, Esu19, FreeFishers, Tibrilyar, Imkitopia, B69, NorthFitzroy, Transtemporal Shifts, JR Smith, Scrilania, The Resigned, Land Without Shrimp, The Great Library, Auphelia, The United Expanse, Eff-Land, Gauranga, and 28 others.Patrykstan, Deus ex Pedem, The land of Aidan, Wolfbanes, Hypoldersia, PenguinPies, UNITED MALPAIS, Uctin VI, Hurtistan, Tarikinstan, Northlanitania, Ausstan, Earnesty, Tea and Biscuits 2017, Farelonia, The Solar System Scope, Luddinlande, Geheimpolizei, Akiponesia, Nusankana, Akabaka, Erinor, Infectum, Saganye, NationHelper, United Billia, Cormactopia Prime, and United Federated States of Omega.