|Leader||Midaic Chair Axel Vodden|
The Reformed Midaic Republic of Midand is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Midaic Chair Axel Vodden with an even hand, and remarkable for its aversion to nipples, frequent executions, and infamous sell-swords. The compassionate, humorless population of 4.035 billion Midandians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Midandia. The average income tax rate is 95.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Midandian economy, worth 744 trillion Midoes a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 184,590 Midoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Insolent whistleblowers receive their just desserts on deserted isles, nine-year-olds' chat logs are scoured for evidence of radicalization, religious households enthusiastically use whips in private, and there's nothing more gay than bleeding for your nation. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Midand's national animal is the dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Midand resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Midand endorsed The Insane Ghostly Nudist Colony of LadyRebels.
- : Following new legislation in Midand, there's nothing more gay than bleeding for your nation.
- : Following new legislation in Midand, religious households enthusiastically use whips in private.
- : Following new legislation in Midand, nine-year-olds' chat logs are scoured for evidence of radicalization.
- : Midand was endorsed by The Dominion of Devwatland.
- : Midand was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Midand published "Tyrant (Part Two - Origins)" (Account: Culture).
- : Midand voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy".
- : Midand created a custom banner.