The United States of Lauramerica is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its avant-garde cinema, frequent executions, and infamous sell-swords. The compassionate, hard-working population of 461 million Lauramericans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Billington. The average income tax rate is 29.0%.
The powerhouse Lauramerican economy, worth 41.3 trillion Laramerican dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 89,657 Laramerican dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.7 times as much as the poorest.
Children seem to be getting better at lying these days, there's a lot of mouth-breathers about these days, ambitious "businessmen" use their children to sell and advertise their products, and Lauramerican farm salmon are known for being both horribly diseased and remarkably acrobatic. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lauramerica's national animal is the Cheetah, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lauramerica was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Lauramerica was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Numano.
- : Lauramerica voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Haku".
- : Lauramerica voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Free, Open Source Software Use".
- : Following new legislation in Lauramerica, Lauramerican farm salmon are known for being both horribly diseased and remarkably acrobatic.
- : Following new legislation in Lauramerica, ambitious "businessmen" use their children to sell and advertise their products.
- : Following new legislation in Lauramerica, there's a lot of mouth-breathers about these days.
- : Following new legislation in Lauramerica, children seem to be getting better at lying these days.
- : Following new legislation in Lauramerica, soldiers stream their classified military operations live for millions of fans.
- : Lauramerica was endorsed by The Cayon Democratic Republic of Altnavia.
Endorsements Received: 130 » Beblahbleblo, Corgitopiaa, Amerion, Holota, Aidenfieeld, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Volaworand, Brazilian impero2, Tepertopia, Shintoese, Land Without Shrimp, Yellunstryer, The Solar System Scope, Curlyhoward, Isokenzar, Chernaya Zvezda, Tsunamy, Yaravia, Bear Connors Paradiso, Shefino, Ostavaria, Drystar, Noimosini, Bawkie, North Kanuckistan, Rebel-topia, PenguinPies, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Jehenna, Arvan Irawer, Unojo, Doundaly, Nowa Europa, New Sanet, Bleakfoot, The republic of Konsa, Nori Natto, Arscanesia, Eleuthelrium, Fasire, Prairiegrass, Ever Testing, Zanforadon, Makinius, Froshar, Shoinkwishima, Martiland, Gonteris, Skaladoria, Proctethia, and 80 others.West Pastafaria, Myhomecountry, Cilibia, Wehraboos, Kiasu-ism, Esterwood, New Qafedemar, Kingson Island, Leimarite Empire, Blondiesland, Tupolov, New Plant, Great Lothian, Doraya, Darakin, Banglazstrogaria, Venezia Pacifica, Malmsia, Rectionk, New American Dictatorship, Treir, Myness, Bonobiana, Karatengisa, Andinla, Ebonhand, Gracca, Sedunn, Erstavik, Melayu Federation, Mnemnovia, Damn Frigid Wastelands, Farengeto, Holy Free, Tyrantistica, Aurcania, FreeFishers, Zamkadishi, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Antwerpen1, Bistritza, Eae, Shadeth, Driodal, Dupanda, Taigama, New Cacaodia, Gennaretia, Rhetiaa, Saint Ziana, Greater New Rhodesia and Nyasaland, Somurias, Petea, Abarri, Eggraria, South Pacifican Kilendjj, Nouvel Empire, Ostela-Aswines, Sureiya, Jayankondam, Orizzia, GreaterLeafland, Blucroix, Willing Mind, Land of Mari, Prendy, Uvalor, GERMAN EMPIER, Vardanfel, East Papas Fritas, Khal Papax, Soliconian, The Haughtherlands, Truskawkoland, Maclalindo, MaPetiteFille, Evinea, TescoPepsi, Altnavia, and Numano.