The Serene Dominion of Ancient Slobovia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Empress Iris IV with a fair hand, and notable for its frequent executions, sprawling nuclear power plants, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 20.645 billion Ancient Slobovians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Constantinople. The average income tax rate is 71.6%.
The strong Ancient Slobovian economy, worth a remarkable 1,058 trillion guilders a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. Average income is 51,258 guilders, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
Large areas of Ancient Slobovia are not accessible by the public, all mothers are allowed six months fully-paid maternity leave, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, and the government is pursuing a new programme aimed at promoting cultural sophistication. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ancient Slobovia's national animal is the silver bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ancient Slobovia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Enabling The Disabled In Academia".
- : Ancient Slobovia endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Aumeltopia.
- : Ancient Slobovia was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Aumeltopia.
- : Ancient Slobovia endorsed The Dude with Two Divisors of Roavin.
- : Ancient Slobovia was endorsed by The Dude with Two Divisors of Roavin.
- : Ancient Slobovia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Ancient Slobovia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Trade of Endangered Organisms ".
- : Ancient Slobovia endorsed The Republic of New-Censovenia.
- : Ancient Slobovia endorsed The Federal Republic of Tau Xen.
- : Ancient Slobovia was endorsed by The Republic of New-Censovenia.
Endorsements Received: 56 » Fudgetopia, Bergenu, Curlyhoward, Theorin, Kiasu-ism, Bear Connors Paradiso, The Bloodguard, Cape Adare, Tsunamy, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Drugged Monkeys, Soem, Kaer Peulvan, SJS Republic, Seliyan progressive Islands, Trelatche, Great Scapula, Extremely Democratic People, Pamela And Hepatitis, Francesad, Bugmalandia, Farengeto, Kringalia, Sandaoguo, Belschaft, Opimo, Bonaugure, Quiescent, Pencil Sharpeners 2, FreeFishers, Esu19, Kholdan, Karatengisa, The Resigned, JR Smith, The Great Library, Eff-Land, Patrykstan, Hypoldersia, Transtemporal Shifts, Land Without Shrimp, Astreos, The Solar System Scope, PEPEP, Akabaka, Luddinlande, Infectum, Saganye, Calsyths, Aschenburg, and 6 others.Calunia, South Whitica, Techganet, The United State of Chill, Tau Xen, and New-Censovenia.