|Faith||The Church of Havenwelle|
The Grand Republic of Havenwelle is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Kevin Burke with an iron fist, and remarkable for its closed borders, smutty television, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 12.721 billion Havenwelleans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grand Haven. The average income tax rate is 30.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Havenwellean economy, worth a remarkable 2,405 trillion Havs a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 189,089 Havs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Drugs containing the compound "oleum de serpens" are being sold to cancer patients, wealthy pranksters dump refuse on unsuspecting citizens from up high, cyclists spend more time unlocking their bicycles than they do cycling, and a proud mining community is considering a rebellion after the Capital officially renamed them 'District XII'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Havenwelle's national animal is the Brittany Spaniel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Church of Havenwelle.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Havenwelle changed its national faith to "The Church of Havenwelle".
- : Havenwelle changed its national capital to "Grand Haven".
- : Havenwelle changed its national currency to "Hav".
- : Havenwelle changed its national motto to "Long Live Havenwelle!".
- : Havenwelle endorsed The Kingdom of Alpharod.
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, a proud mining community is considering a rebellion after the Capital officially renamed them 'District XII'.
- : Havenwelle was endorsed by The Kingdom of Alpharod.
- : Havenwelle changed its national currency to "Kev".
- : Havenwelle changed its national faith to "The Adoration of Kevin Burke".
- : Havenwelle changed its national capital to "Kevin Burke City" and its motto to "All Hail the Great Kevin Burke!".
Endorsements Received: 63 » Raghallaigh, Le Libertia, Brickfield, Estanglia, Pirataria, Yugarritia, Utopian Earth, Ipsonasia, United Kingdoms of Redania, Greatnessity City, Almendron, Polgaria, Liberepublia, Poquaoi, Acapais, Arvigiel, Zakanda, Free Rosabell, Eloscape, Mancheseva City, Dat Countreh, Bolger, Terra Potestatem, Emastalia, Lethen, Caffeinated, Purple Ruthenia, Ajaccino, Kingdom of Stargard, West Wirral, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, Katkasistan, Andradus, Tassaland, Primorye Oblast, Penlopa, Sablania, New France Republic, Corovos, Pygania, P0ptr0pica, Geektopia, Ganud, The Democratic Peoples, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Baobab-Bumbaria, Elwin, Cyberpunk, Romanengo City, Euramericasia, and 13 others.The Lost Men, Lurinsk, Disney Know it Alls, Ecolaria, Euperis, Akeland, Laudesia, Fernlass, Averille, Tital Mania, Sanjira, The Nation of the People of the Nation, and Alpharod.