The Federal Republic of Rumagna is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Olindo Guerrini with a fair hand, and notable for its national health service, otherworldly petting zoo, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 5.966 billion Rumagnul hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ravèna. The average income tax rate is 17.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Rumagnol economy, worth a remarkable 1,435 trillion francs a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 240,653 francs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Autopsies often involve only cursory examination, marijuana is legal in the privacy of your own home, torture is illegal, and the government is spending millions on lawyers' fees trying to get Olindo Guerrini off a murder charge. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Rumagna's national animal is the rooster, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rumagna's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Rumagna was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- : Following new legislation in Rumagna, the government is spending millions on lawyers' fees trying to get Olindo Guerrini off a murder charge.
- : Following new legislation in Rumagna, torture is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Rumagna, marijuana is legal in the privacy of your own home.
- : Following new legislation in Rumagna, autopsies often involve only cursory examination.
- : Rumagna relocated from Lazarus to The North Pacific.
- : Rumagna was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Rumagna ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Rumagna was endorsed by The Free People's Republic of The Sinclarian Provinces.