The Free Land of Zerphen is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, smutty television, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 615 million Zerphenians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Social Policy. The average income tax rate is 79.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Zerphenian economy, worth 59.0 trillion zecks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 95,965 zecks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
In musicals everybody's a little bit racist, any reference to a higher being is punished with public shaming, students consistently complain that the wi-fi ate their homework, and school plays were recently banned due to concerns of child endangerment. Crime is totally unknown. Zerphen's national animal is the not snake, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zerphen was endorsed by The Borderlands of Sino-Terranesia.
- : Zerphen was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Zerphen, school plays were recently banned due to concerns of child endangerment.
- : Following new legislation in Zerphen, students consistently complain that the wi-fi ate their homework.
- : Zerphen voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
- : Zerphen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : Zerphen was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular and the Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Zerphen, any reference to a higher being is punished with public shaming.
- : Following new legislation in Zerphen, in musicals everybody's a little bit racist.
- : Following new legislation in Zerphen, international terrorists often get their weapons supply in Zerphen.
Endorsements Received: 62 » Islati Scyia, Clania Miyal, Minahasa, Pertsjan, Albania 3, Bihastria, Absurd Land, Duravia, El Rift, Moqraine, Democratic Manceff, Mesopoto, Attempted Socialism, Doultrenia, Morabai, Andogeesia, Quigon, Medlidande, Rhedaria, Upcrus, Golinistan, Fairfax Soviet Republic, Ainares, Terranova-Serre, New Ordiel Kalibleland, Erythrava, Vamia Adzukind, Ruskiam, Anarcho Syndicalist Korea, Karlos, East Nazareth, Boscoism, The Mighty River, The Midwestern Union for Prosperity, Bernieland Republic, Suthseaxe, Bunkaiia, Darfaria, No Corona Here, Soberanos-Socialistas, Really marxism, BohemianRepublic, Greater Armenian state, German Proletarians, Choigzonion, Sovirizst, Theleman, Carrico, MKAS, Meorlanorde, and 12 others.Ripuaria-Limburg, Rainsfield, Alphonsia, Red Sanguina, Tsaien, Nova Erie, Ontopia, International Socialist Union, The Anarchic Collective of Z, Lucian Victoria, UPRA, and Sino-Terranesia.