|Leader||Tsar Sorejo III|
The Tsardom of Lura is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Tsar Sorejo III with an even hand, and remarkable for its national health service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.146 billion Lurans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lunaja-Solare. The average income tax rate is 75.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Luran economy, worth 534 trillion gales a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 128,981 gales, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Lura's radio stations, it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway, and rumor has it that Tsar Sorejo III has won three lotteries in a row. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lura's national animal is the tuatara, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lura voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Recreational Drugs Compact".
- : Lura voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend LadyRebels".
- : Lura voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Identity Theft".
- : Lura lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
- : Lura was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Following new legislation in Lura, rumor has it that Tsar Sorejo III has won three lotteries in a row.
- : Following new legislation in Lura, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway.
- : Following new legislation in Lura, it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools.
- : Following new legislation in Lura, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Lura's radio stations.
- : Following new legislation in Lura, airport security is provided by private companies.
Endorsements Received: 86 » The Void Territories, Ransium, Ruinenlust, Ownzone, Bregaria, Ziotah and Riverside, Eryndlynd, Verdant Haven, Bananaistan, Turbeaux, Entitize, Feladria, Novian Republics, Love and Nature, Frieden-und Freudenland, Window Land, Ironic Remarks, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Hyon Delta, Canaltia, Kawastyselir, The Black Forrest, Ordand, Cheloboria, Caterasia, Bilsa, Appendia, Ashrah, Cat-Herders United, Anachronolandia, Effazio, Chilledsville, Pen Blanityion, Deontologia, Atsvea, Middle Barael, Crowacia, Tscharva, Girelna, Taco Respublic, Roless, Alcantaria, Jutsa, Terrabod, Litauengrad, Hoochlandia, Simbolon, The Rhuarc Bastion, Kannap, Garbelia, and 36 others.Uniania Geeth, Blue Nagia, Cuillin, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Edible Plywood, Uan aa Boa, Kepler-0085, New Ladavia, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Dasche, Doxstern, New Autarky, Shalotte, Eaven, Democratic Republic of Cacusia, New Kvenland, Wizardonia, East Skirsburg, Bunkaiia, Kyratistani, Londombia, Adezku, Saint Dolmance, The Wisteria Islands, The Republic of Confertia, Eien no Nihon, Rhodevus, Massechusetts, Charoskania, Rivienland, Unified Localities, Thrything, Summerforest, Greyveldt, and Caer Neamh.