|Faith||its national religion|
The Alföldi People's Republic of Ypogegrammeni is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Grigoris Lambrakis with a fair hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, anti-smoking policies, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 19.372 billion Ypogegrammeniots are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tiryns. The average income tax rate is 89.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but sluggish Ypogegrammeniot economy, worth 820 trillion drachms a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 42,344 drachms, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Hordes of tourists are ruining the environment, no one knows how to tie a reef knot, manufacturers of biodegradable plastics have to wait for months to show evidence of organic decomposition, and Grigoris Lambrakis's speeches are beloved by insomniacs. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ypogegrammeni's national animal is the ram, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is its national religion.
Ypogegrammeni is ranked 9,871st in the world and 131st in Forest for Most Beautiful Environments, with 1,557.45 pounds of wildlife per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ypogegrammeni, Grigoris Lambrakis's speeches are beloved by insomniacs.
- : Ypogegrammeni endorsed The Sancta Imperialis Foederatio of York Zionia.
- : Ypogegrammeni was endorsed by The Sancta Imperialis Foederatio of York Zionia.
- : Following new legislation in Ypogegrammeni, manufacturers of biodegradable plastics have to wait for months to show evidence of organic decomposition.
- : Following new legislation in Ypogegrammeni, no one knows how to tie a reef knot.
- : Following new legislation in Ypogegrammeni, hordes of tourists are ruining the environment.
- : Ypogegrammeni voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Minimum Standard of Living Act".
- : Ypogegrammeni voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Riemstagrad".
- : Following new legislation in Ypogegrammeni, interest rates mysteriously drop whenever the CBY Governor goes house hunting.
- : Following new legislation in Ypogegrammeni, children gain their first sex education from reading the dictionary.
Endorsements Received: 53 » Democratic Republic of Cacusia, Ownzone, Novian Republics, Atsvea, Candlewhisper Archive, United Malay Federation, Psuke, Love and Nature, ImperialRussia, Kuraiva, Ransium, Lura, Zerphen, Kase, Hyon Delta, Nordustra, Shalotte, Rhodevus, Fartsniffage, The Black Forrest, Republik Hintonia, The Cypher Nine, Ziotah and Riverside, Uan aa Boa, Bilsa, Wizardonia, Effazio, Chilledsville, Alcantaria, Tscharva, Three Creeks, Edible Plywood, Saint Dolmance, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Verdant Haven, Kawastyselir, Philageia, Caterasia, Kyratistani, Eryndlynd, Einswenn, Tildalandia, Taco Respublic, Velichye, Cannibaland, Canaltia, Forgotten Beauty, ProForestation, York Zionia, Heidgaudr, and 3 others.Talgarth, Prusmia, and Motu Tele.