The Equatorial Republic of Tishanda is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Yolanda Kealoha with an even hand, and renowned for its lack of airports, sprawling nuclear power plants, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, humorless, devout population of 7.503 billion Tishandans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Environment, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Laharu. The average income tax rate is 90.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Tishandan economy, worth 465 trillion Tishans a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Furniture Restoration industry. Average income is 62,055 Tishans, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The "feminist protest" defence is increasingly common for cases of armed robbery, a suspicious number of male students have joined the Ladies' Wrestling League, on graduation day the hats thrown in the air fly high enough to stun passing pigeons, and the government is allowing greater autonomy for some regions in the hopes of quelling growing secessionist movements. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tishanda's national animal is the Vekadian Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tishanda voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Solorni".
- : Tishanda was endorsed by The Eyes of NewTexas.
- : Tishanda was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Lammey.
- : Tishanda voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate KAISERREICH"".
- : Tishanda voted against the World Assembly Resolution "End Excessive Data Retention Act".
- : Following new legislation in Tishanda, the government is allowing greater autonomy for some regions in the hopes of quelling growing secessionist movements.
- : Tishanda's influence in Texas rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Tishanda was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Tishanda was endorsed by The Vacation Destination of New Zealand.
- : Following new legislation in Tishanda, on graduation day the hats thrown in the air fly high enough to stun passing pigeons.
Endorsements Received: 14 » Indian Empire, Lichian, Safj, Seeker Alpha, PatrickStar, United States of Woodward, Gig em Aggies, Studly Penguins, Greater United Texas, Aholz, Lewisville Texas, New Zealand, Lammey, and NewTexas.