The Equatorial Republic of Tishanda is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Jorge Bautista with an even hand, and renowned for its parental licensing program, punitive income tax rates, and compulsory gun ownership. The compassionate, democratic, humorless, devout population of 16.411 billion Tishandans enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Laharu. The average income tax rate is 80.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Tishandan economy, worth a remarkable 1,339 trillion Tishans a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 81,627 Tishans, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
No one is worried about government policies any more, pet loving officers arrest citizens who don't give their dogs enough biscuits, helium balloons lift the nation's spacecraft towards the heavens, and cosmopolitan citizens ask what their countries can do for them. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tishanda's national animal is the Vekadian Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tishanda was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Tishanda voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Confederacy of Layem"".
- : Tishanda voted against the World Assembly Resolution "End Collective Punishment".
- : Tishanda voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Confederacy of Layem".
- : Tishanda voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Safe Disposal of Nuclear Waste".
- : Tishanda voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Limiting Animal Pathogens".
- : Tishanda was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Tishanda voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Electrum".
- : Tishanda voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "LEO Force Restrictions"".
- : Tishanda voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Gholgoth".