The Equatorial Republic of Tishanda is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Yolanda Kealoha with an even hand, and remarkable for its lack of airports, state-planned economy, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, humorless, devout population of 11.321 billion Tishandans enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large, socially-minded government prioritizes Environment, although Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Laharu. The average income tax rate is 74.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Tishandan economy, worth 794 trillion Tishans a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 70,202 Tishans, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The song 'They Got an Awful Lot of Coffee in Tishanda' is a smash hit, it is universally agreed that the first 31 issues are the only ones with humor and charm (Tishanda has found 5 easter eggs), the nation's green cities are indeed concrete jungles, and justice is blinding. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tishanda's national animal is the Vekadian Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tishanda voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on the Involuntary Administration of Drugs".
- : Tishanda voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Norrlands".
- : Following new legislation in Tishanda, justice is blinding.
- : Tishanda voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Benevolent Thomas".
- : Tishanda was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Tishanda, the nation's green cities are indeed concrete jungles.
- : Tishanda was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens and Most Armed.
- : Tishanda voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Forensics Accord".
- : Following new legislation in Tishanda, it is universally agreed that the first 31 issues are the only ones with humor and charm (Tishanda has found 5 easter eggs).
- : Tishanda endorsed The Sith Empire of South Aztlan.
Endorsements Received: 14 » Lichian, Seeker Alpha, Gig em Aggies, Aholz, NewTexas, United States of Woodward, Greater United Texas, Fort Verden, Asle Leopolka, British Crown Dominions, Ole Dixieland, Safj, Studly Penguins, and South Aztlan.