The Equatorial Republic of Tishanda is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Yolanda Kealoha with an even hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, state-planned economy, and compulsory gun ownership. The compassionate, humorless, devout population of 8.197 billion Tishandans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Environment, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Laharu. The average income tax rate is 90.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Tishandan economy, worth 522 trillion Tishans a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Furniture Restoration industry. Average income is 63,749 Tishans, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The "feminist protest" defence is increasingly common for cases of armed robbery, a suspicious number of male students have joined the Ladies' Wrestling League, on graduation day the hats thrown in the air fly high enough to stun passing pigeons, and the government is allowing greater autonomy for some regions in the hopes of quelling growing secessionist movements. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tishanda's national animal is the Vekadian Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tishanda was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Tishanda's influence in Texas rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Tishanda was endorsed by The Serene Compassionate Utopia of Safj.
- : Tishanda voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The League of Conservative Nations".
- : Tishanda voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Desertification".
- : Tishanda voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Agricultural Invasive Species Act".
- : Tishanda endorsed The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins.
- : Tishanda was endorsed by The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins.
- : Tishanda's influence in Texas rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Tishanda voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of Religion".