The Equatorial Republic of Tishanda is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Jorge Bautista with an even hand, and notable for its complete lack of prisons, lack of airports, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, humorless, devout population of 14.381 billion Tishandans enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large government prioritizes Environment, with Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Laharu. The average income tax rate is 75.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Tishandan economy, worth a remarkable 1,082 trillion Tishans a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 75,295 Tishans, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Many mayors are barely in office before being kicked out for minor parking violations, the combined alert sound of a nation simultaneously receiving a text message is a common cause of hearing damage, polygraphs are relegated to the dungeon exhibit in castle museums, and laws are littered with references to cheese. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tishanda's national animal is the Vekadian Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tishanda voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Toxic Heavy Metals Act"".
- : Tishanda was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Food Quality.
- : Tishanda voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fairness in Elections".
- : Tishanda voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Corporal Punishment Ban".
- : Tishanda voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend HumanSanity".
- : Tishanda voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands"".
- : Tishanda endorsed The Colony of New-Dallas.
- : Tishanda endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Blandings and Fenwick.
- : Tishanda endorsed The Holy Empire of Britain and her Dominions.
- : Tishanda voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
Endorsements Received: 14 » Lichian, Seeker Alpha, Gig em Aggies, NewTexas, United States of Woodward, Fort Verden, Safj, Grays Harbor, Darth Kermit, United Kodiaks, Polish Nomads, Mocanaqua, Indian Empire, and PatrickStar.