The Equatorial Republic of Tishanda is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Yolanda Kealoha with an even hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, lack of airports, and daily referendums. The compassionate, humorless, devout population of 8.581 billion Tishandans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Laharu. The average income tax rate is 74.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Tishandan economy, worth 549 trillion Tishans a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 64,019 Tishans, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The "feminist protest" defence is increasingly common for cases of armed robbery, a suspicious number of male students have joined the Ladies' Wrestling League, on graduation day the hats thrown in the air fly high enough to stun passing pigeons, and the government is allowing greater autonomy for some regions in the hopes of quelling growing secessionist movements. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tishanda's national animal is the Vekadian Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tishanda voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Respondeat Superior".
- : Tishanda voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Chan Island".
- : Tishanda was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Tishanda was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Tishanda was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Tishanda was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Tishanda's influence in Texas rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Tishanda was endorsed by The Serene Compassionate Utopia of Safj.
- : Tishanda voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The League of Conservative Nations".
- : Tishanda voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Desertification".