The Community of Wantevolo is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, ban on automobiles, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.684 billion Wantevolans enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Komo. The average income tax rate is 67.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Wantevolan economy, worth 172 trillion Repoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 102,710 Repoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Real power lies not in the debating room but with those who decide what is debated, citizens with artificial limbs are forbidden to serve as beauty pageant judges, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, and the government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments. Crime is totally unknown. Wantevolo's national animal is the Bee, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wantevolo's influence in Forest rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Wantevolo was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Wantevolo was endorsed by The Allied States of Western Continental Divide.
- : Wantevolo was endorsed by The Commonwealth of The Black Horns.
- : Following new legislation in Wantevolo, the government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments.
- : Following new legislation in Wantevolo, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- : Following new legislation in Wantevolo, citizens with artificial limbs are forbidden to serve as beauty pageant judges.
- : Following new legislation in Wantevolo, real power lies not in the debating room but with those who decide what is debated.
- : Wantevolo was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Wantevolo was endorsed by The Republic of Ohioan Territory.
Endorsements Received: 44 » Turbeaux, Ransium, Love and Nature, Atsvea, Ownzone, Ruinenlust, Meropis, Mountain Ash Forests, Floroprus, The Void Territories, Dwardossa, Tauride, Ziotah and Riverside, Aeterno Tranquillitas, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Eryndlynd, Feladria, Canaltia, Elundris, The Southern Cascadian States, Verdant Haven, Chilledsville, Cat-Herders United, Rorston, Window Land, Kawastyselir, Caterasia, Prydaein, Boar Stacks, Sacara, Banandonia, Reannia, Novian Republics, Raccoon Creek, Kinganaryasia, Paplia, Edible Plywood, Ordand, Kaiseland, Hyon Delta, Groenwald, Ohioan Territory, The Black Horns, and Western Continental Divide.