|Leader||Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva|
The Federative Republic of Atsvea is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva with an iron fist, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 15.087 billion Brazilians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The medium-sized, corrupt, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Brasília. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Brazilian economy, worth an astonishing 11,664 trillion Brazilian reais a year, is broadly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Information Technology, Tourism, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is a breathtaking 773,135 Brazilian reais, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 4,693,534 per year while the poor average 56,670, a ratio of 82.8 to 1.
Citizens who become homeless are immediately executed, good-looking doctors are obliged by law to give foot rubs to Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, citizens have to dodge their neighbors' drones while getting the morning paper, and elected officials often serve for decades in a single term. Crime is totally unknown. Atsvea's national animal is the Brazilian panther, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Atsvea, elected officials often serve for decades in a single term.
- : Following new legislation in Atsvea, citizens have to dodge their neighbors' drones while getting the morning paper.
- : Following new legislation in Atsvea, good-looking doctors are obliged by law to give foot rubs to Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva.
- : Following new legislation in Atsvea, citizens who become homeless are immediately executed.
- : Following new legislation in Atsvea, the government is denying reports that criminals injected with experimental drugs have turned into monstrous supervillains.
- : Following new legislation in Atsvea, people are often woken up by rubbish music.
- : Atsvea was endorsed by The Holy Loossemble of Fukihita.
- : Following new legislation in Atsvea, the question of 'what is Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva's favorite color?' has been given a priority rating of burnt-orange.
- : Following new legislation in Atsvea, town welcome signs list corporate sponsors.
- : Atsvea voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Cannibalism Act".
Endorsements Received: 70 » Lura, Novian Republics, Ransium, Love and Nature, Verdant Haven, Bananaistan, Canaltia, Bilsa, Window Land, Kawastyselir, Turbeaux, Candlewhisper Archive, Hyon Delta, The Black Forrest, Taco Respublic, Caterasia, Middle Barael, Tscharva, Ziotah and Riverside, Eryndlynd, Ordand, Chilledsville, Alcantaria, Terrabod, Blue Nagia, Cuillin, Gorthias, Wizardonia, Kyratistani, Fartsniffage, Rhodevus, Forest Virginia, Republik Hintonia, Democratic Republic of Cacusia, Saint Dolmance, Jamilkhuze, Zerphen, Prusmia, Velichye, Nordustra, Balkvla Islands, Columbiqash, Mount Seymour, Roless, Three Creeks, Tildalandia, ImperialRussia, Philageia, Psuke, Talgarth, and 20 others.Motu Tele, Ottia, Edible Plywood, Einswenn, Ypogegrammeni, Forgotten Beauty, Ownzone, Ecologist Hegemony, York Zionia, Amancarla, Great Julunaphra, Kelipnia, New Chechovenia, Saiwana, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Wantevolo, Prydaein, Difin-Per Ubelk, The Wildwoods, and Fukihita.