The United Mangrove Archipelago of Ransium is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Scipio with an even hand, and notable for its daily referendums, digital currency, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 30.433 billion Ransites are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Environment, with Healthcare, Social Policy, and Industry also on the agenda, while Defense and Education receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mangrove City. The average income tax rate is 97.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Ransiumian economy, worth a remarkable 6,740 trillion Cloyns a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 221,496 Cloyns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The same 30433 social media bloggers always loudly and immediately agree with Scipio's every word on Twitcher, you're only as old as you feel, economists confusingly list "fusarium rot and leaf blight" as major risk factors for monetary deflation, and female brains are believed to heat up dangerously when 'overclocked'. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Ransium's national animal is the Tiger Shark, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Mangrovism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, female brains are believed to heat up dangerously when 'overclocked'.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, economists confusingly list "fusarium rot and leaf blight" as major risk factors for monetary deflation.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, you're only as old as you feel.
- : Ransium voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, the same 30433 social media bloggers always loudly and immediately agree with Scipio's every word on Twitcher.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, royalist is the most offensive slur in the Ransiumian language.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, emigrants arrive on foreign shores with nothing but pocket sand.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program.
- : Ransium was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Adaline.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, a death threat has replaced 'hello' as an official greeting in the nation.
Endorsements Received: 76 » Eryndlynd, Ironic Remarks, Candlewhisper Archive, Velkia and the Islands, Esterild, Feladria, Cannibaland, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Caterasia, Dwardossa, Love and Nature, Chilledsville, Canaltia, Ziotah and Riverside, Reannia, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Taco Respublic, The Void Territories, Forgotten Beauty, Sacara, Wantevolo, Vanenia, The Black Forrest, Cat-Herders United, Window Land, Novian Republics, Artemis, Greyveldt, Ordand, Tur Ada, Eaven, Hyon Delta, Bananaistan, Plifte, Awhaiti Kaiatu, Bregaria, Cheloboria, Crowacia, Shauls, Palos Heights, Snjor, Blon Gre, Marimoland, Krisylia, Appendia, Effazio, Bilsa, LVK212, Ashrah, Girelna, and 26 others.Anachronolandia, Pen Blanityion, New Ladavia, Atsvea, Tscharva, Gorthias, Pythaga, New Kvenland, Bestburg, Talgarth, Alcantaria, Roless, South Wal Saland, Oryx the Mad God, Forestal, Norginlajicratefe, Cikya, East Stederland, La Merced, Manniskoslaktet, Lura, Oasis De Lyhon, Ruinenlust, Turbeaux, Julunaphra, and Adaline.