The United Mangrove Archipelago of Ransium is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Scipio with a fair hand, and notable for its ban on automobiles, ritual sacrifices, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 29.421 billion Ransites enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Environment, with Healthcare, Social Policy, and Industry also on the agenda, while Defense and Administration are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mangrove City. The average income tax rate is 96.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Ransiumian economy, worth a remarkable 5,654 trillion Cloyns a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 192,196 Cloyns, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 623,162 per year while the poor average 44,728, a ratio of 13.9 to 1.
X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low, it is firmly believed that cameras steal souls, the Ransiumian Intelligence Agency relies on internet search engines to know what is happening overseas, and it is illegal to distribute Girl Guide Cookies without an advanced food hygiene diploma. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Ransium's national animal is the Tiger Shark, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Mangrovism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ransium was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, it is illegal to distribute Girl Guide Cookies without an advanced food hygiene diploma.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, the Ransiumian Intelligence Agency relies on internet search engines to know what is happening overseas.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, it is firmly believed that cameras steal souls.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low.
- : Ransium endorsed The Cry of Lousykitty.
- : Ransium was endorsed by The Cry of Lousykitty.
- : Ransium voted for The Wondrously Happy Cat World of Valentine Z in the General Election.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, closed universities are currently being converted into McRonald's restaurants.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, immigrants who don't like the taste of Ransiumian Turnip Chips are immediately deported.
Endorsements Received: 96 » Mountain Ash Forests, Eryndlynd, Frieden-und Freudenland, Ruinenlust, Ironic Remarks, Candlewhisper Archive, Velkia and the Islands, Esterild, Tauride, Feladria, Cannibaland, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Kawastyselir, Caterasia, Dwardossa, Ownzone, Love and Nature, Chan Island, Chilledsville, Canaltia, Ziotah and Riverside, Turbeaux, Reannia, The New Bluestocking Homeland, The Cypher Nine, Elundris, Entitize, Fahx, Taco Respublic, The Void Territories, Forgotten Beauty, Kinganaryasia, Sacara, Wantevolo, Verdant Haven, Vanenia, The Black Forrest, Boar Stacks, Cat-Herders United, Window Land, Prydaein, Edible Plywood, Novian Republics, Artemis, Greyveldt, Ordand, Tur Ada, Eaven, Hyon Delta, Groenwald, and 46 others.Mahrenbach, Bananaistan, Kinectia, Oryx the Mad God, Plifte, Octopus Islands, Jutsa, Prin Halland, Zultacke, Pesto alla Genovese, Awhaiti Kaiatu, Euso, Bregaria, Lura, Ecolof, Sean Fiobha, Xandar, Cheloboria, Crowacia, The Righteous Order of Youth, Shauls, Paplia, Rippardine, Murmuria, Salvezia, Palos Heights, Snjor, Rivienland, Palmerstown SSR, Blon Gre, Coranova, Villturland, Svelta, Marimoland, Uan aa Boa, Spengland et South Toiwan, Krisylia, Roless, Appendia, Oregone, Lord Dominator, Effazio, Raider Bele Levy Epies, The Southern Cascadian States, McClandia, and Lousykitty.