The United Mangrove Archipelago of Ransium is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Scipio with an even hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, frequent executions, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 31.369 billion Ransites are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government is primarily concerned with Environment, although Healthcare, Social Policy, and Industry are also considered important, while Defense and Education aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mangrove City. The average income tax rate is 97.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Ransiumian economy, worth a remarkable 6,720 trillion Cloyns a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 214,247 Cloyns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie, it is not politically correct to suspect that a serially convicted burglar might steal again, the parliament building has installed a revolving door, and young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Ransium's national animal is the Tiger Shark, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Mangrovism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ransium endorsed The Kingdom of Verensika.
- : Ransium was endorsed by The Kingdom of Verensika.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, the parliament building has installed a revolving door.
- : Ransium endorsed The Grand Duchy of Rivienland.
- : Ransium was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Rivienland.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, it is not politically correct to suspect that a serially convicted burglar might steal again.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, trespassers often find themselves impaled by crossbow bolts.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, the nation wears its high incidence of chromosomal diseases as a badge of pride.
Endorsements Received: 72 » Eryndlynd, Ironic Remarks, Candlewhisper Archive, Velkia and the Islands, Esterild, Feladria, Cannibaland, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Caterasia, Love and Nature, Chilledsville, Canaltia, Ziotah and Riverside, Reannia, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Taco Respublic, The Void Territories, Forgotten Beauty, Sacara, Wantevolo, The Black Forrest, Cat-Herders United, Window Land, Novian Republics, Artemis, Ordand, Tur Ada, Hyon Delta, Bananaistan, Awhaiti Kaiatu, Bregaria, Cheloboria, Crowacia, Snjor, Blon Gre, Marimoland, Appendia, Effazio, Bilsa, Ashrah, Girelna, Anachronolandia, Pen Blanityion, Atsvea, Tscharva, Gorthias, Bestburg, Alcantaria, Roless, Norginlajicratefe, and 22 others.Cikya, East Stederland, Manniskoslaktet, Lura, Ruinenlust, Turbeaux, Adaline, Simbolon, Middle Barael, The Most Serene Republicans, Terrabod, Sove Pow, Kannap, Garbelia, Oasis De Lyhon, Uniania Geeth, Kepler-0085, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Dark Chocolate Enthusiasts, Rivienland, and Verensika.