The Green Otter's State of Garbelia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Lutra Otto with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.12 billion Garbeli are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Garvida. The average income tax rate is 92.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Garbelery economy, worth 109 trillion CryptoGarbels a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming. Average income is 97,665 CryptoGarbels, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters, Lutra Otto panders to nontraditional families, Lutra Otto's speeches are beloved by insomniacs, and the "fire department" is often called to remove offensive religious texts. Crime is totally unknown. Garbelia's national animal is the Otter, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Lutrianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, the "fire department" is often called to remove offensive religious texts.
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, Lutra Otto's speeches are beloved by insomniacs.
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, Lutra Otto panders to nontraditional families.
- : Garbelia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters.
- : Garbelia endorsed The Lovely Realm of Democratic Republic of Cacusia.
- : Garbelia was endorsed by The Lovely Realm of Democratic Republic of Cacusia.
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers.
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, civil servants are no longer allowed to cross their t's.
- : Garbelia lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 78 » Effazio, Ownzone, Terrabod, Middle Barael, Ruinenlust, Frieden-und Freudenland, Lura, Ransium, Feladria, Cat-Herders United, Candlewhisper Archive, Atsvea, Canaltia, Love and Nature, Kawastyselir, Verdant Haven, Roless, The Void Territories, Litauengrad, Norginlajicratefe, Bananaistan, Blon Gre, The Black Forrest, Turbeaux, Blue Nagia, Ironic Remarks, Novian Republics, East Stederland, Artemis, Ziotah and Riverside, Uniania Geeth, Taco Respublic, Caterasia, Pen Blanityion, Bregaria, The Long Valley, Deontologia, Alcantaria, Chilledsville, Anachronolandia, Window Land, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Zinguanaville, Crowacia, Simbolon, Eryndlynd, Ashrah, Hyon Delta, Hoochlandia, Cuillin, and 28 others.The New Bluestocking Homeland, Entitize, Cikya, Edible Plywood, Kepler-0085, Forgotten Beauty, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Dark Chocolate Enthusiasts, Ancorai, Uan aa Boa, The Fabulous Islands, Rivienland, Daarwyrth, New Ladavia, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Dasche, Gloomspick, Shalotte, Foir, Doxstern, Ordealius, Tscharva, Arklanda, McClandia Doge 2, Eaven, Jutsa, and Democratic Republic of Cacusia.