The Green Otter's State of Garbelia is a huge, safe nation, ruled by Lutra Otto with a fair hand, and renowned for its ban on automobiles, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 888 million Garbeli are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Garvida. The average income tax rate is 90.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Garbelery economy, worth 79.0 trillion CryptoGarbels a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming. Average income is 88,942 CryptoGarbels, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Truancy levels are on the rise ever since school registers were banned, citizens cannot change their light bulbs without approval from an international committee, enemy navies sail within bombardment range of major coastal cities with impunity, and treason is relative. Crime is totally unknown. Garbelia's national animal is the Otter, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Garbelia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Communist Bloc".
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, treason is relative.
- : Garbelia endorsed The Federation of Myuscao.
- : Garbelia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Communist Bloc".
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, enemy navies sail within bombardment range of major coastal cities with impunity.
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, citizens cannot change their light bulbs without approval from an international committee.
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, truancy levels are on the rise ever since school registers were banned.
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, the nation is known abroad mostly for its Parliamentary antics.
- : Garbelia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Garbelia was endorsed by The Democratic States of Zerkyr Xiszczy.
Endorsements Received: 71 » Effazio, Ownzone, Terrabod, Middle Barael, Ruinenlust, Frieden-und Freudenland, Lura, Ransium, Feladria, Cat-Herders United, Candlewhisper Archive, Atsvea, Canaltia, Love and Nature, Kawastyselir, Verdant Haven, Roless, The Void Territories, Litauengrad, Norginlajicratefe, Bananaistan, Blon Gre, The Black Forrest, Turbeaux, Blue Nagia, Ironic Remarks, Novian Republics, East Stederland, Artemis, Ziotah and Riverside, Uniania Geeth, Taco Respublic, Caterasia, Pen Blanityion, Bregaria, The Long Valley, Deontologia, Alcantaria, Chilledsville, Anachronolandia, Window Land, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Zinguanaville, Tur Ada, Crowacia, Simbolon, Eryndlynd, Adaline, Ashrah, Hyon Delta, and 21 others.Hoochlandia, Cuillin, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Entitize, Cikya, Edible Plywood, Kepler-0085, Forgotten Beauty, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Dark Chocolate Enthusiasts, Ancorai, Saint Jonas, Uan aa Boa, Arklanda, The Fabulous Islands, Rivienland, Verensika, Daarwyrth, New Ladavia, and Zerkyr Xiszczy.