The Green Otter's State of Garbelia is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Lutra Otto with a fair hand, and remarkable for its ban on automobiles, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.156 billion Garbeli love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Garvida. The average income tax rate is 92.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Garbelery economy, worth 109 trillion CryptoGarbels a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming. Average income is 94,913 CryptoGarbels, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Access to the woods is only granted to those who bring a small shrubbery, graffiti graces every city's streets, the words 'private' and 'enterprise' must never appear in the same sentence, and cane fights are a common sight in nursing homes. Crime is totally unknown. Garbelia's national animal is the Otter, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Lutrianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Garbelia endorsed The Kingdom of Atsvea.
- : Garbelia withdrew its endorsement from The Kingdom of Atsvea.
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, cane fights are a common sight in nursing homes.
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, the words 'private' and 'enterprise' must never appear in the same sentence.
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- : Garbelia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Secular and the Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, access to the woods is only granted to those who bring a small shrubbery.
- : Following new legislation in Garbelia, praying before a battle is a court-martial offence.
- : Garbelia was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Garbelia lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 77 » Effazio, Ownzone, Terrabod, Middle Barael, Ruinenlust, Frieden-und Freudenland, Lura, Ransium, Feladria, Cat-Herders United, Candlewhisper Archive, Atsvea, Canaltia, Love and Nature, Kawastyselir, Verdant Haven, Roless, The Void Territories, Litauengrad, Norginlajicratefe, Bananaistan, Blon Gre, The Black Forrest, Turbeaux, Blue Nagia, Ironic Remarks, Novian Republics, East Stederland, Artemis, Ziotah and Riverside, Uniania Geeth, Taco Respublic, Caterasia, Pen Blanityion, Bregaria, The Long Valley, Deontologia, Alcantaria, Chilledsville, Anachronolandia, Window Land, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Zinguanaville, Crowacia, Simbolon, Eryndlynd, Ashrah, Hyon Delta, Hoochlandia, Cuillin, and 27 others.The New Bluestocking Homeland, Entitize, Cikya, Edible Plywood, Kepler-0085, Forgotten Beauty, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Dark Chocolate Enthusiasts, Ancorai, Uan aa Boa, The Fabulous Islands, Daarwyrth, New Ladavia, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Dasche, Gloomspick, Shalotte, Foir, Doxstern, Ordealius, Tscharva, Arklanda, McClandia Doge 2, Eaven, Jutsa, and Democratic Republic of Cacusia.