The Federated Bailiwicks of Verdant Haven is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Iskandar Viridi with a fair hand, and renowned for its smutty television, anti-smoking policies, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 11.425 billion Havenians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Haventia. The income tax rate is 100.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Verdant Havenian economy, worth a remarkable 2,714 trillion Verdethalers a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 237,615 Verdethalers, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
You can bet your bottom dollar that gambling will cost you an arm and a leg, the government is promoting multicultural values with the new 'Just Be Nice, OK?' initiative, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, and the government is deliberately installing bloatware onto computers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Verdant Haven's national animal is the Thylacine, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Verdant Haven, the government is deliberately installing bloatware onto computers.
- : Following new legislation in Verdant Haven, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- : Following new legislation in Verdant Haven, the government is promoting multicultural values with the new 'Just Be Nice, OK?' initiative.
- : Following new legislation in Verdant Haven, you can bet your bottom dollar that gambling will cost you an arm and a leg.
- : Following new legislation in Verdant Haven, people with political aspirations study how to make balloon animals.
- : Following new legislation in Verdant Haven, the nation's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas.
- : Verdant Haven lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Verdant Haven, grocery stores can be audibly identified by the giggling emerging from them.
- : Verdant Haven voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Challenging Sexually Exploitative Recordings"".
- : Following new legislation in Verdant Haven, traumatised refugees have a full bedpan shoved into their hands along with their immigration papers.
Endorsements Received: 75 » Canaltia, Turbeaux, Ransium, Ownzone, Candlewhisper Archive, The Black Forrest, Window Land, Eryndlynd, Novian Republics, Ordand, Hyon Delta, Love and Nature, Ziotah and Riverside, Lura, Kawastyselir, Taco Respublic, Bananaistan, Caterasia, Cheloboria, Chilledsville, Effazio, Middle Barael, Atsvea, Tscharva, Bestburg, Roless, Terrabod, Blue Nagia, The Cypher Nine, Alcantaria, Cuillin, Fartsniffage, Wizardonia, Kyratistani, Rhodevus, Forest Virginia, Uan aa Boa, Zerphen, Prusmia, Ecologist Hegemony, Democratic Republic of Cacusia, Mount Seymour, Velichye, Tildalandia, ImperialRussia, Philageia, Talgarth, Ypogegrammeni, Motu Tele, Psuke, and 25 others.Edible Plywood, Einswenn, Alterrum, Far Away Enough, Nordustra, Ottia, Bilsa, ProForestation, Palium, Shauls, York Zionia, Amancarla, Saint Dolmance, Great Julunaphra, Kelipnia, Obvile Kiatopia, New Chechovenia, McClandia Doge 2, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Wantevolo, Malaynium Darussalam, Prydaein, Republik Hintonia, Difin-Per Ubelk, and Santa Joanna.