|Capital||New Belia City|
The Constitutional Monarchy of New Belia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Leader Harwell with a fair hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, free-roaming dinosaurs, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 8.307 billion New Belians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Belia City. The average income tax rate is 35.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient New Belian economy, worth a remarkable 1,417 trillion Marks a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 170,650 Marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics, Leader Harwell's media campaigns take a hiatus around exam week, people can get away with murder these days, and the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. New Belia's national animal is the cobra, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Belia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- : Following new legislation in New Belia, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- : Following new legislation in New Belia, people can get away with murder these days.
- : Following new legislation in New Belia, Leader Harwell's media campaigns take a hiatus around exam week.
- : New Belia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Communist Bloc".
- : New Belia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting the Rights of Labour Unions".
- : Following new legislation in New Belia, the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics.
- : Following new legislation in New Belia, private pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are given away freely by the government.
- : Following new legislation in New Belia, male tourists tend to be fearful of New Belia's deadly femme fatales.
- : New Belia endorsed The Holy Factory of Aluminum Oxynitride.
Endorsements Received: 104 » Kittenlicious, Nevafornia, Mirchusko, Win Mints, Twisted Duality, Wyndward, Psikuta, Wickedly evil people, Condonohia, Liberillia, Westwind, Fujai, Gryphonian Alliance, Papercuts and Skittles, The Undivided, Kisovec, Sensorland, Ferroia, Great Sheriffdom, Pandaland II, Divina Patriae, Sindria, Pi Island, Holmani, Probablynotverygoodistan, Akshireuya, Tropical Isles, Greg Tucker, Libterraria, Mathematania, The Rega, Atheist States of Philippines, Glorious Existence, The United Tribes of Bantai, Cro Magnon, Fuentana, Leukogeras, Marina Nova, Kiensu, Nieubasria, Einherfell, Gracelantia, Arracrania, IndyCar Racing, Moriari, Constantinopolisia, DiscGolfLand, Comia Noracon, Marshalia, The Father-Land, and 54 others.Mediobogdum, Acropylae, New Democratic Republic of Russia, Q The Almighty, Conestopolz, Loegries, Zoran, Nas Crustium, Anuubis, Cumidava, Ahssn, Archonina, Volkason, Fallen Iron Duke, Grand Republic of the Sun, Giovanniland, Samueliebox, Dilber, San Diego Islands, Hamburg Neo, BIteland, Arvladma, Yaspica, The First Earth Empire, Willow Gate, Professor thomas, The divisive isolationists, Bhang Bhang Duc, Zuriath, Ostrogothaland, Pepinooo, Mackieron, San Mazer, Eastern Bahia, Wellington Bingbong, Metailuria, Weyrland, East Swedesia, Eleftherios venizelos, Bova Ptaltand, Robbinston, Schlesien-Galizien, Nertom, Estaebia, Lodiberdade, Hilang Kuss, Athrid HullHund, Crazy Waters, Schantan, Weratt, The North American Assembly, Plarland Amex, Sirulinuck, and Aluminum Oxynitride.