|Capital||The Middle of Scenic Nowhere|
|Leader||Clarkov Jammbonevych Furutani Clarkson|
|Faith||Lost Gensokyo Church of the Countryside|
The Awful Sense of Direction of Hertfordshire and Jammbo is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Clarkov Jammbonevych Furutani Clarkson with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, avant-garde cinema, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed population of 3.605 billion Hertfordians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Middle of Scenic Nowhere. The average income tax rate is 30.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Jammbian economy, worth 425 trillion Delta Pounds a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 118,030 Delta Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Sending sick politicians "Get Well Soon" cards is considered bribery, weekly religious services often resemble campaign rallies, Jammbian companies generally just fire employees in lieu of giving them vacation, and auditors are gutting every governmental department. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hertfordshire and Jammbo's national animal is the Stag, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Lost Gensokyo Church of the Countryside.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hertfordshire and Jammbo was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Hertfordshire and Jammbo changed its national leader to "Clarkov Jammbonevych Furutani Clarkson".
- : Hertfordshire and Jammbo altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Hertfordshire and Jammbo, auditors are gutting every governmental department.
- : Following new legislation in Hertfordshire and Jammbo, Jammbian companies generally just fire employees in lieu of giving them vacation.
- : Following new legislation in Hertfordshire and Jammbo, weekly religious services often resemble campaign rallies.
- : Following new legislation in Hertfordshire and Jammbo, sending sick politicians "Get Well Soon" cards is considered bribery.
- : Following new legislation in Hertfordshire and Jammbo, ministers browse Alright! magazine for fashion tips.
- : Hertfordshire and Jammbo applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Hertfordshire and Jammbo resigned from the World Assembly.