|Capital||the Bamboo Forest|
The Black and White Dynasty of Pandaland II is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Giant Panda with an even hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, deadly medical pandemics, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 4.623 billion Pandas have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of the Bamboo Forest. The average income tax rate is 96.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Panda economy, worth a remarkable 1,355 trillion Bamboos a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 293,268 Bamboos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Fifty years of pension funds can disappear in half a second, the art of conversation has been rediscovered, brave curators do battle with disorganised government libraries, and advert breaks are played at lower volumes to make them easier to ignore. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pandaland II's national animal is the Giraffe, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Bambooism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Pandaland II, advert breaks are played at lower volumes to make them easier to ignore.
- : Following new legislation in Pandaland II, brave curators do battle with disorganised government libraries.
- : Following new legislation in Pandaland II, the art of conversation has been rediscovered.
- : Pandaland II was endorsed by The Republic of North Sylar.
- : Following new legislation in Pandaland II, fifty years of pension funds can disappear in half a second.
- : Following new legislation in Pandaland II, monocled merchants with funny accents are applying for Panda citizenship in droves.
- : Following new legislation in Pandaland II, first-time moms are expected to be experienced parents from day one.
- : Following new legislation in Pandaland II, the Great Pyramid of the Bamboo Forest can be seen from miles away.
- : Following new legislation in Pandaland II, cotton candy made from genuine cotton cellulose doesn't quite satisfy.
- : Following new legislation in Pandaland II, multiple polls have christened the newly-formed Filibuster Committee as "the least efficient government bureaucracy".
Endorsements Received: 99 » The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Blue Ocean on Beach, Barcocoland, Shaktirajya, Numpties, DiscGolfLand, Andyr, Mathematania, Nevafornia, Kittenlicious, Pandaland III, Tunapocalypse, Tropical Isles, Wickedly evil people, Cazia Minor, Fallgriffin, The 9 Stars, Robbinston, Mirchusko, Aldesport, Volpi Apostati, Condonohia, New Democratic Republic of Russia, Greynne, Champaign, Wyndward, Majuria, Demonvine, Psikuta, Meedvheyt, Allwarts, Twisted Duality, Oronia, Triestine, Ljosalfaryz, Fujai, Acropylae, Lynier, Kisovec, Fourth European Reich, El Facil, Ferroia, Kantorian, Oometz, WyEast, Gryphonian Alliance, Arkadia Universalis, Empire of Spartacus, The United Republic of Westend, Greg Tucker, and 49 others.Common Good, Archonina, New Belia, Avadon, Thyrall, Yy4u, Glorious Existence, The Undivided, Liberillia, Shaqolandia, Divina Patriae, Kyeongsang, Comia Noracon, Dalimbar, Denieria, NoHiceLand, Bron Zortin, Westwind, Kingdom of Anderson, The Anti-Social Socialists, Loregia, Cyno, The Father-Land, Vugaland, The Fluffy Land, Dreamers for Hope, Bhang Bhang Duc, Rogue Foundation Security Division Omega, The Emden Dominion, Luminaros, Bran Astor, Alchera, Papercuts and Skittles, Cro Magnon, Xiuhtezcatl, West-Fryslan, Great Sheriffdom, Royal Institution-Imperial Academy, Grandi Fiori, Montreal-Quebec, Cryland, Doggerstan, History club, Ilmecith, New New Avignon, Halvard, Zamoland, Ponantine, and North Sylar.