The Mountainous Muppets of Podium is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Big Mike with an even hand, and remarkable for its soft-spoken computers, absence of drug laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 1.325 billion Poduminians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eighburn. The average income tax rate is 73.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Poduminian economy, worth 182 trillion points a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 137,955 points, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.4 times as much as the poorest.
Abortions are routinely performed in the nation's hospitals, prolonged government investigations are a common revenge tactic among spurned spouses, bins outnumber trees in city parks, and souvenir shops that sell alphorns are taking advantage of gullible tourists. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Podium's national animal is the sergal, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Omnism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Podium, souvenir shops that sell alphorns are taking advantage of gullible tourists.
- : Podium voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Land Management".
- : Following new legislation in Podium, bins outnumber trees in city parks.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, prolonged government investigations are a common revenge tactic among spurned spouses.
- : Podium endorsed The Holy Roller of Recuecn.
- : Podium was endorsed by The Holy Roller of Recuecn.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, abortions are routinely performed in the nation's hospitals.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, beating enemies to death with a baseball bat is legal if done within nine innings.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, Michelin-star chefs are being called on to prepare menus for six-year-olds.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, rebuilding efforts for a recently destroyed cathedral aren't expected to be completed for another century.
Endorsements Received: 37 » The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Bran Astor, Dalimbar, Yy4u, Mediobogdum, Papercuts and Skittles, Cro Magnon, Divina Patriae, Bhang Bhang Duc, Fujai, Cryland, Doggerstan, Ilmecith, Marshalia, Westwind, Oometz, Kisovec, Denieria, Greynne, Isle Royale, Reddub, Wickedly evil people, Sensorland, Ferroia, Psikuta, Creedan, Great Sheriffdom, Liberillia, Pandaland II, Varanius, Giovanniland, Meow-meow-mia, Enormous Norman, Geoffrey the Husky, The God of Madness, Bigstickistan, and Recuecn.