The Too-Well-Hidden Bunker of Podium is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Michael Talberg with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, state-planned economy, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 5.154 billion Poduminians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The relatively small, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eighburn. The average income tax rate is 17.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Poduminian economy, worth 976 trillion points a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 189,523 points, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Half of the nation's import/export industry is run from a location known only as 'Dead Man's Cove', unpopular cops are fired at a moment's notice by the citizens they police, the most popular WhoTube videos are ones featuring parodies of iconic songs, and third world countries are rich in "I Love Eighburn" t-shirts. Crime is totally unknown. Podium's national animal is the sergal, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Podium, third world countries are rich in "I Love Eighburn" t-shirts.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, the most popular WhoTube videos are ones featuring parodies of iconic songs.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, unpopular cops are fired at a moment's notice by the citizens they police.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, half of the nation's import/export industry is run from a location known only as 'Dead Man's Cove'.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, Poduminians are regularly fired for looking at MyFace during their lunch breaks.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, five-year-olds who refuse to line up on command get gold stars.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, pocket calculators are seen as status symbols for the ostentatiously wealthy.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, brave curators do battle with disorganised government libraries.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, the nation's politicians are known more for the internet memes they spawn than any of their accomplishments.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, former customs officers are adjusting to their new lives as market stall traders.
Endorsements Received: 104 » Giovanniland, Fuentana, Ocheon, Mediobogdum, Pandaland II, BIteland, Dilber, Fujai, Archonina, Wickedly evil people, Smedlandia, Kittenlicious, Recuecn, Holmani, Kisovec, DiscGolfLand, IndyCar Racing, Westwind, Mirchusko, Anuubis, Sindria, Psikuta, Ferroia, Greynne, Condonohia, Greg Tucker, Shaktirajya, Gryphonian Alliance, Mathematania, Bhang Bhang Duc, The Undivided, Lodiberdade, Eastern Bahia, Wellington Bingbong, Plarland Amex, Kiensu, Hamburg Neo, Cro Magnon, Wild lands of Tribe, Isle Royale, Desmosthenes and Burke, Albyion Kingdom, Mackieron, Marina Nova, The Rega, Vlobbania, Svanland, The United Republic of Westend, Matism, Q The Almighty, and 54 others.Maria, Granducato Toscana, Thyrall, Atheist States of Philippines, Imperial Eascalsh Ohavillbell, Dreamers for Hope, Nevafornia, Robbinston, Inner Paniumati, Athrid HullHund, Antahbrantahstan, Ingentis Novus, Sensorland, Ostrogothaland, Lynier, Ellcrys, The Anti-Social Socialists, Nas Crustium, Av Libertas Vindex, Orson Welles, The divisive isolationists, Volkason, Win Mints, Twisted Duality, Comia Noracon, Willow Gate, Oronia, Leukogeras, Constantinopolisia, Professor thomas, Moriari, Santos-Dominius, New Belia, The Free States of Gotham, The North American Assembly, Arnic, Akshireuya, Common Good, New Democratic Republic of Russia, Fallgriffin, Fumafuma, Glorious Existence, Champaign, Probablynotverygoodistan, Lothundy, Aldesport, Wyndward, Terra Socialiste, Acerola Orion, Zoran, Papercuts and Skittles, Antestia, Ecornia, and Nagaraningrad.