The Too-Well-Hidden Bunker of Podium is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Michael Talberg with an even hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working population of 4.285 billion Poduminians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eighburn. The average income tax rate is 66.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Poduminian economy, worth 777 trillion points a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 181,490 points, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous, police officers that upset their bosses get assigned to 24 hour stakeouts of bike sheds, the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies, and there's sophisticated talk of revolution within the ever-expanding mining colonies. Crime is totally unknown. Podium's national animal is the sergal, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Podium, there's sophisticated talk of revolution within the ever-expanding mining colonies.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, police officers that upset their bosses get assigned to 24 hour stakeouts of bike sheds.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- : Podium was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Ostrogothaland.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, a the West Pacific Tourist Association survey has rated Podium #1 for number twos.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, local government operates tolls on every village road.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, self-driving cars occasionally mow down pedestrians to avoid inconveniencing passengers.
- : Following new legislation in Podium, every week is blindness awareness week.
Endorsements Received: 73 » Giovanniland, Fuentana, Ocheon, Mediobogdum, Pandaland II, BIteland, Nieubasria, Dilber, Fujai, Archonina, Wickedly evil people, Smedlandia, Kittenlicious, Recuecn, Holmani, Kisovec, DiscGolfLand, Gracelantia, IndyCar Racing, Westwind, Mirchusko, Anuubis, Sindria, Psikuta, Ferroia, Greynne, Condonohia, Greg Tucker, Papercuts and Skittles, Shaktirajya, Gryphonian Alliance, Mathematania, Bhang Bhang Duc, The Undivided, Lodiberdade, The First Earth Empire, Eastern Bahia, Wellington Bingbong, Plarland Amex, Kiensu, Samueliebox, Hamburg Neo, Cro Magnon, Schantan, Wild lands of Tribe, Isle Royale, Desmosthenes and Burke, Albyion Kingdom, Mackieron, Marina Nova, and 23 others.The Rega, Vlobbania, Svanland, The United Republic of Westend, Matism, Befiehl, Free Radio States, Q The Almighty, Maria, Granducato Toscana, Thyrall, Atheist States of Philippines, Imperial Eascalsh Ohavillbell, Dreamers for Hope, Nevafornia, Euarsia, Robbinston, Inner Paniumati, Athrid HullHund, Antahbrantahstan, Ingentis Novus, Sensorland, and Ostrogothaland.