|Capital||Outer Scotiotland City|
|Leader||Supreme Leader Hynds|
The United Socialist States of Outer Scotiotland is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Supreme Leader Hynds with an iron fist, and notable for its vat-grown people, sprawling nuclear power plants, and prohibition of alcohol. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 1.734 billion Outer Scotiotlandians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Outer Scotiotland City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 80.9%.
The all-consuming Outer Scotiotlandian economy, worth 252 trillion Scottish Pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, fairly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Pizza Delivery, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 145,419 Scottish Pounds, with the richest citizens earning 6.5 times as much as the poorest.
Wilderness-dwelling hermits are surprised to find railway stations on their front doorsteps, no-one bats an eye when 'really good platonic friends' of the same sex hold hands in Outer Scotiotland, the country is preparing for war, and the most commonly-worn shoes are concrete ones. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Outer Scotiotland's national animal is the Unicorn, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Hyndsism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Outer Scotiotland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Outer Scotiotland, the most commonly-worn shoes are concrete ones.
- : Following new legislation in Outer Scotiotland, the country is preparing for war.
- : Following new legislation in Outer Scotiotland, no-one bats an eye when 'really good platonic friends' of the same sex hold hands in Outer Scotiotland.
- : Following new legislation in Outer Scotiotland, wilderness-dwelling hermits are surprised to find railway stations on their front doorsteps.
- : Following new legislation in Outer Scotiotland, the best spies are positively radiant after completing a big mission.
- : Outer Scotiotland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Haku".
- : Outer Scotiotland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "International Scientific Cooperation".
- : Following new legislation in Outer Scotiotland, otherwise healthy people are being sent to internment camps because they have VODAIS.
- : Following new legislation in Outer Scotiotland, the government is suspected of mass disappearing dissidents both at home and abroad.
Endorsements Received: 29 » Overthinkers, Westwind, Wickedly evil people, Dilber, Giovanniland, Fujai, Podium, Lodiberdade, Costelloland, Glorious Existence, Corbeil, Av Libertas Vindex, Almenga, Shaktirajya, Blue Bubble, Atheist States of Philippines, United Adaikes, The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Hamburg Neo, Archonina, Oliverary, Chaos Realm of Lavoria, Hongg Kong, Mucht, Apexiala, Cro Magnon, Hoile, Sensorland, and Bitar.