|Leader||President Potrus Soustas|
The United Republic of Lieges is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Potrus Soustas with a fair hand, and remarkable for its digital currency, unlimited-speed roads, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 10.966 billion Liègians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ricads. The average income tax rate is 99.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Liegesian economy, worth a remarkable 2,413 trillion Ownuans a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an amazing 220,047 Ownuans, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Sex education has become an intricate maze of stick figures and complex metaphors, the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction, every week is blindness awareness week, and construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lieges's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lieges was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, every week is blindness awareness week.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction.
- : Lieges was endorsed by The Kingdom of Atenburgh.
- : Lieges voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ozone Layer Protection".
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, sex education has become an intricate maze of stick figures and complex metaphors.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, a government program is underway to revitalize Lieges's beaches.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, young and brooding teens are welcomed with open arms to the Dogwarts School of Strangeness and Sorcery.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, the children of Lieges are often remarked upon for their cheery attitude to extreme violence.
Endorsements Received: 95 » Jenesia, Foucaults garden, Lexembourg, The Seven Provinces, Alsted, Tigyland, An Clar, Fenian Provinces, Dauershire, Novo Portugal, Wombelland, Imperium Anglorum, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, Troltovia, Fortia, Bohomo, Green Counties, Albertinum, AirstripZero, Lovisa, Fossekallen, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Cha0sNation, Slavorussia, Blighteria, DGAF No-2, Evka, Outer Sparta, The New Nordic Union, Continental Social Democrats, Ahma, Dark Matter, Oena and Sandy Island, Poulaka, Einswenn, Ostroban, Popaholick, Path Kethona, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Western Berlin, Hretva, Greifenburg, Mandibas, Sienkahn, Galway-Dublin, Supcotia, Regnum Italiae, Ere, Greater Dragunovia, and 45 others.Andalussia, Triscuitoon, Fatalius, Dervenland, Cherised Lands of Galicia, Picuros, Lledo, De Medici, Yahlia, Alba-Nord, The Scheldt, Swiggly Isles, Barwaaqada, Saint Domingo, Sinclairtown, Naifon, Romaian, Feria-Alkaline, Libertyca, Slavonia and Srijem, Chioganah, Agartia, Eski, Libertarian States of Europe, Lyridgradia, Prussinia, El Misti, Terove, Strong Baddia, Schultzheim, Brandon, Germany Third Reich, Thracia Republic, Madagasikyara, Fresiae, Sirajganj, Lavrokrazhia, Osterreich Preussen, Laminos, Abject Ludicrosity, Kakhassia, Lee Jung, Irminsulia, Parharia, and Atenburgh.