The United Republic of Lieges is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President Potrus Soustas with an even hand, and renowned for its public floggings, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 9.9 billion Liègians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Industry, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ricads. The average income tax rate is 99.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Liegesian economy, worth a remarkable 2,024 trillion Ownuans a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 204,482 Ownuans, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Lifeguards are more concerned with watching for sharks than struggling swimmers, the Twelve Steps To Logging Off is the most popular mobile download, almost half of the child population live rough on the streets, and social media sites go into shutdown for days at a time to censor user content. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lieges's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lieges voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Enabling The Disabled In Academia".
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, social media sites go into shutdown for days at a time to censor user content.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, almost half of the child population live rough on the streets.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, the Twelve Steps To Logging Off is the most popular mobile download.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, lifeguards are more concerned with watching for sharks than struggling swimmers.
- : Following new legislation in Lieges, the government denies that it has an agency overseeing plausible deniability of black-ops agencies.
- : Lieges was endorsed by The Federation of Andalussia.
- : Lieges was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Lieges was endorsed by The Holy Roman Empire of Greater Dragunovia.
- : Lieges was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Freedom And Fill In The Blank.
Endorsements Received: 65 » Jenesia, Foucaults garden, Lexembourg, The Seven Provinces, Alsted, Tigyland, An Clar, Fenian Provinces, Dauershire, Novo Portugal, Wombelland, Imperium Anglorum, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, Troltovia, Woschia, Fortia, Bohomo, Green Counties, Albertinum, AirstripZero, Bearhinoland, Lovisa, Fossekallen, Templar Republic, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Cha0sNation, Slavorussia, Teruel, Blighteria, DGAF No-2, Evka, Outer Sparta, The New Nordic Union, Continental Social Democrats, Ahma, Dark Matter, Romaian, Oena and Sandy Island, Imperialistic Capitalist Hungary, Poulaka, Einswenn, Biscaria, Ostroban, Popaholick, Path Kethona, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Western Berlin, Hretva, Greifenburg, and 15 others.Comune di Milano, United Republics of Earth, Mandibas, Sienkahn, Galway-Dublin, Supcotia, Brandon, Duny Auntichet, Regnum Italiae, Ere, Kirostan, Raeeka, Freedom And Fill In The Blank, Greater Dragunovia, and Andalussia.