The United States of Karnea is a very large, safe nation, notable for its ban on automobiles, daily referendums, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 136 million Karneans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 18.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Karnean economy, worth 10.7 trillion Karns a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 78,855 Karns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Karnea has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world, snap elections are called over every minor impasse, surprising numbers of poor people are protesting against taxing the rich, and human tissue is grown in vats as a delicacy as well as for transplants. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Karnea's national animal is the Lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Karnea, human tissue is grown in vats as a delicacy as well as for transplants.
- : Following new legislation in Karnea, surprising numbers of poor people are protesting against taxing the rich.
- : Following new legislation in Karnea, snap elections are called over every minor impasse.
- : Karnea voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Wickedly evil people".
- : Following new legislation in Karnea, Karnea has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world.
- : Following new legislation in Karnea, a government program is underway to revitalize Karnea's beaches.
- : Following new legislation in Karnea, tradesmen will knock 10% off their fees if customers pay cash.
- : Karnea was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Karnea voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Omnibus Due Process Act".
- : Following new legislation in Karnea, prime commercial land is being swamped with archaeological teams.
Endorsements Received: 63 » Regnum Italiae, Walfo, NorthPortugal, Scytharum, Imperium Anglorum, The Champions League, Meropis, Saint Domingo, Invernessia, Elisabethshagen, Daulle, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Destyntine, Northern German Federation, Irminsulia, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Hulldom, Slavorussia, The New Nordic Union, St Scarlett, Maalat, Outer Sparta, North of Americas, Galway-Dublin, Deftern, GanymedEuropa, Yahlia, Aura Banitia, Thracia and Crimea, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Ausvelt, Noristoniaka, New Eestiball, Chronus, Super Happy Land, Wombelland, Wiener-Neustadt, A3161, Pilipinas and Malaya, Brakanistan, Ansington, Kanokla, Nuweland, Thracia Republic, Inner Planets, San Guglielmo, Gliesetonia, Justosia, Freyana, and 13 others.Jim the Baptist, Someseni, West Atone, Apabeossie, Chioganah, An Clar, Scandinavius, Zulrich, Kyrica, Abject Ludicrosity, Dark Matter, Gorgano, and The Federal States of Ezasao.