The Hidden Pirate Cove of Chan Island is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Jackie Chan with an even hand, and notable for its rum-swilling pirates, complete lack of prisons, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 12.631 billion Chan Islanders have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Channing Townton. The average income tax rate is 86.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Chan Islander economy, worth a remarkable 1,102 trillion Shiny Things a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, highly specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 87,316 Shiny Things, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Piracy is the nation's most popular pastime, games of cops and robbers typically end in at least one fatal shooting, official Sermon-Free Zones are set-up around the nation's hotels, and the banshee wail foretells skies of death. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Chan Island's national animal is the Axe, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Money.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Chan Island voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Recreational Drugs Compact".
- : Chan Island voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend LadyRebels".
- : The Rewilding of Ruinenlust granted Communications authority and removed Appearance authority from Chan Island as Esteemed Election Officer in Forest.
- : The Rewilding of Ruinenlust appointed Chan Island as Esteemed Election Officer with authority over Appearance and Border Control in Forest.
- : The Rewilding of Ruinenlust dismissed Chan Island as Forest Keeper of Forest.
- : Chan Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Chan Island voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Elections and Assistance Act"".
- : Chan Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Food Quality.
- : Chan Island lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
- : Chan Island was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
Endorsements Received: 57 » Ransium, Canaltia, Turbeaux, Eryndlynd, Candlewhisper Archive, Frieden-und Freudenland, Ziotah and Riverside, Ironic Remarks, Feladria, Verdant Haven, Window Land, Cat-Herders United, Novian Republics, Ordand, Hyon Delta, Lura, Bananaistan, Cheloboria, Appendia, Girelna, Anachronolandia, Effazio, Middle Barael, Tscharva, Bestburg, Jutsa, Manniskoslaktet, Ruinenlust, Entitize, Hoochlandia, Terrabod, Simbolon, Pen Blanityion, Taco Respublic, Garbelia, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Crowacia, New Ladavia, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Eaven, Roless, New Kvenland, Fartsniffage, Blue Nagia, Bunkaiia, Uniania Geeth, Kyratistani, The Wisteria Islands, and 7 others.Rivienland, Atsvea, Forest Virginia, Unified Localities, Thrything, Forgotten Beauty, and Summerforest.