|Leader||Protectorate Pika Paquet|
The Liberal Tropical Emirates of Velkia and the Islands is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Protectorate Pika Paquet with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, unlimited-speed roads, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 28.531 billion Velkia Islanders love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Environment, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Four Corners. The average income tax rate is 96.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Velkian economy, worth a remarkable 7,188 trillion Crowns a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 251,943 Crowns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
3D printed organs are a breath of new life for the sick and elderly, a suspicious number of John Smiths are known to donate to Velkian politicians, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up, and the Finance Ministry posts hourly updates on where taxpayer money is spent. Crime is totally unknown. Velkia and the Islands's national animal is the Breegull, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Atheism.
Velkia and the Islands is ranked 4,411th in the world and 60th in Forest for Highest Average Tax Rates, with 96.06 Effective Tax Rate.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Velkia and the Islands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate England".
- : Velkia and the Islands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Restrictions on Hydraulic Fracturing"".
- : Velkia and the Islands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Declaration in Regard to Hippopotami".
- : Velkia and the Islands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Regulating Medical Genetic Modification".
- : Velkia and the Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Velkia and the Islands was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Velkia and the Islands was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Velkia and the Islands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "The Rights, Wrongs, Duties, And Powers Of WA States".
- : Velkia and the Islands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Baggieland".
- : Velkia and the Islands was endorsed by The Federation of ImperialRussia.
Endorsements Received: 40 » Eryndlynd, Ruinenlust, Candlewhisper Archive, Ransium, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Caterasia, Canaltia, Turbeaux, Window Land, Novian Republics, Ordand, Hyon Delta, Lura, Cheloboria, Effazio, Tscharva, The Cypher Nine, Kannap, Blue Nagia, Roless, Kyratistani, Verdant Haven, Love and Nature, Atsvea, York Zionia, Zerphen, Nordustra, Democratic Republic of Cacusia, Heidgaudr, Palium, Garbelia, Mount Seymour, East Skirsburg, Galaxiak, Terrawynn, Trebenia, Weenus, McClandia Doge 2, Tildalandia, and ImperialRussia.