|Leader||Protectorate Pika Paquet|
The Liberal Tropical Emirates of Velkia and the Islands is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Protectorate Pika Paquet with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 25.262 billion Velkia Islanders hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Social Policy, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Four Corners. The average income tax rate is 95.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Velkian economy, worth a remarkable 6,316 trillion Crowns a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 250,036 Crowns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
3D printed organs are a breath of new life for the sick and elderly, a suspicious number of John Smiths are known to donate to Velkian politicians, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up, and the Finance Ministry posts hourly updates on where taxpayer money is spent. Crime is totally unknown. Velkia and the Islands's national animal is the Breegull, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Velkia and the Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Velkia and the Islands was endorsed by The Keepdom of Summerforest.
- : Velkia and the Islands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protections During Territorial Transitions".
- : Velkia and the Islands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Maowi".
- : Velkia and the Islands was endorsed by The Republic of Thrything.
- : Velkia and the Islands was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Unified Localities.
- : Velkia and the Islands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Disaster Precautions And Responses".
- : Velkia and the Islands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Pope Hope".
- : Velkia and the Islands was endorsed by The Kingdom of Atsvea.
- : Velkia and the Islands lost the endorsement of The Kingdom of Atsvea.
Endorsements Received: 48 » Eryndlynd, Ruinenlust, Frieden-und Freudenland, Candlewhisper Archive, Ransium, Feladria, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Caterasia, Canaltia, Turbeaux, Ironic Remarks, Window Land, Cat-Herders United, Novian Republics, Entitize, Ordand, Hyon Delta, Lura, Cheloboria, Appendia, Pen Blanityion, Effazio, Anachronolandia, Tscharva, Jutsa, Deontologia, Simbolon, Garbelia, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Doxstern, Democratic Republic of Cacusia, Kannap, Hoochlandia, New Ladavia, Blue Nagia, Roless, Uniania Geeth, New Kvenland, Kyratistani, Verdant Haven, The Wisteria Islands, Rivienland, Atsvea, Unified Localities, Thrything, and Summerforest.