The Pacific RMB

WA Delegate: The Pacific Imperium of Aleisyr (elected )

BoardActivity History Admin Rank

Most Nations: 2nd Most World Assembly Endorsements: 753rd
World Factbook Entry

Welcome to The Pacific, the oldest region in NationStates and home of the New Pacific Order!


LinkRegional Forum | LinkThe Pacific Charter and Civil Code | LinkApply for Citizenship | LinkThe Pacific Map

The regional currency is the Denarius. Adoption is optional.



Embassies: the West Pacific, Balder, Europe, The East Pacific, Osiris, NationStates, Mordor, Warzone Australia, The New Pacific Order, the South Pacific, Atlantic, The Western Isles, The Communist Bloc, Imperium of the Wolf, and Lazarus.

Tags: Future Tech, Regional Government, Featured, Fantasy Tech, Past Tech, Modern Tech, Role Player, Gargantuan, Offsite Forums, Game Player, Map, Feeder, and 1 other.Founderless.

Regional Power: Extremely High

The Pacific contains 7,979 nations, the 2nd most in the world.

Today's World Census Report

The Most Cheerful Citizens in the Pacific

The World Census shared cheeky grins with citizens around the world in order to determine which were the most relentlessly cheerful.

As a region, the Pacific is ranked 6,024th in the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.

NationWA CategoryMotto
1.The Federal Republic of WinklebottomNew York Times Democracy“E pluribus unum”
2.The Private Beach of Elle MacphersonInoffensive Centrist Democracy“Where's The Beach?”
3.The Federated Directorate of ArathaeaLeft-Leaning College State“Have you had a turnip today?”
4.The Pass the Grand Duchy of FredanicaLiberal Democratic Socialists“Smiles upon Dumb Animals and Fredanica”
5.The Republic of This was probably a bad ideaCivil Rights Lovefest“Illegitimi non carborundum”
6.The Republic of SirsparksalotInoffensive Centrist Democracy“All for one, and one for all”
7.The Most Handsome Array of DingbatsCivil Rights Lovefest“Swerve”
8.The Socialist Misfits of WateranaCivil Rights Lovefest“Do not Feed the Moon Dolphins”
9.The Republic of JaksmouthInoffensive Centrist Democracy“What are you doing here?”
10.The Underground Realms of ArgavaniaScandinavian Liberal Paradise“Death to the Opressors, but give us their shinbones”
1234. . .797798»

Regional Happenings

More...

The Pacific Regional Message Board

The Oppressed Peoples of The Corsasian Rebel Faction wrote:The electoral college takes into account the population. It wouldn't make sense if Wyoming had just as many whites and Texas because there are less people.


The electoral college is an illogical, undemocratic, and outdated system, which the Founding Fathers originally created to prevent the uneducated from voting for the wrong candidates. It also grants certain states a greater vote than they should have, simply because they are swing states. Why would you possibly want it to remain?

Shinganshina, Limeston, and Aplax

The Oppressed Peoples of The Corsasian Rebel Faction wrote:The electoral college takes into account the population. It wouldn't make sense if Wyoming had just as many whites and Texas because there are less people.

I wasn't talking about that. If you look at the proportions of state populations to electoral votes, some states have higher proportions than others, mainly the lesser populated states having higher proportions than greater populated states.

Aplax

The Highlock Governor of Shinganshina wrote:Don't click if you don't wanna here Shing rant about america's election process.

I really think the Electoral college should be removed. It takes away from what the main message America tries to send. Every man or woman is equal? Every vote counts? That's just kinda hypocritical to have a system where first of all, votes in lesser populated states are worth more than votes highly populated states, and second of all, what's the use of democratic votes in Texas/Alaska or republican votes in California. I want to at least distribute the proper amount of electoral votes to each state and make the electoral votes proportional to the people's vote not all or nothing.


There's actually a good reason why it is there.

Thing is, if the Electoral College was removed, the states with the largest populations would determine the outcome of every election. The cities -- predominantly blue, but let's not get into that -- would swamp all of the lesser populated counties with their votes. This means most of the American states would have little to no say at all in who gets elected. This meme here illustrates it: http://68.media.tumblr.com/e63fd4f70bbbcd5bd7e5d1428dd772df/tumblr_ogfofbvuD11tqnoyio1_500.jpg Incidentally, this is why some states have more Electoral College votes, because of their population.

Aplax

Post self-deleted by Shinganshina.

The Constitutional Monarchy of Jar Wattinree wrote:There's actually a good reason why it is there.

Thing is, if the Electoral College was removed, the states with the largest populations would determine the outcome of every election. The cities -- predominantly blue, but let's not get into that -- would swamp all of the lesser populated counties with their votes. This means most of the American states would have little to no say at all in who gets elected. This meme here illustrates it: http://68.media.tumblr.com/e63fd4f70bbbcd5bd7e5d1428dd772df/tumblr_ogfofbvuD11tqnoyio1_500.jpg Incidentally, this is why some states have more Electoral College votes, because of their population.

But you see it takes away from meaning that everyone's vote is equal. Sure each states have different issues but that's more of the state government job. The federal government sure helps that but they solve issues more on a national level. And that more affects different kinds of people than different states.

Aplax

Show

Post by Of The Tadpoles suppressed by Aleisyr.

The u.s isnt a democracy.

never has been. Its constitutional republic.

The E.C is fine. Shing. It makes sense.... If you're on discord or skype dm me next week Id love to chat.

Toads last rmb post needs trolling. Or supression.
Ehat will get me supressed.

To honor a former hydra leader tom!!!
Hail hydra!

If you lived in a less populated state your vote would essentially be worthless, all canidates would focus on the biggest cities and the biggest states because they would be the places that determine the outcome of an election.

Shinganshina and Jar Wattinree

The Federation of Aplax wrote:If you lived in a less populated state your vote would essentially be worthless, all canidates would focus on the biggest cities and the biggest states because they would be the places that determine the outcome of an election.

I see your point. I'm just more of utilitarian not egalitarian(I think that's the right philosophy)

Aplax

The Highlock Governor of Shinganshina wrote:I see your point. I'm just more of utilitarian not egalitarian(I think that's the right philosophy)

Nevermind. I meant deontologist not egalitarian.

Jar Wattinree

The Highlock Governor of Shinganshina wrote:Nevermind. I meant deontologist not egalitarian.

Sounds reasonable. Most people unfortunately don't act in the best interest of their country.

Forum View

by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics