|Leader||Marius Kravtsjenko Oktyabrskiy|
The Federation of Marthuania is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Marius Kravtsjenko Oktyabrskiy with an iron fist, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, pith helmet sales, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 11.751 billion Marthuanians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pravda. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Marthuanian economy, worth a remarkable 4,551 trillion Crowns a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 387,293 Crowns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
T-shirts displaying a photo of Marius Kravtsjenko Oktyabrskiy performing the Full-Monty are selling out, on graduation day the hats thrown in the air fly high enough to stun passing pigeons, bins outnumber trees in city parks, and nations that kill a Marthuanian can expect a strongly worded letter. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Marthuania's national animal is the bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Marthuania, nations that kill a Marthuanian can expect a strongly worded letter.
- : Following new legislation in Marthuania, bins outnumber trees in city parks.
- : Following new legislation in Marthuania, on graduation day the hats thrown in the air fly high enough to stun passing pigeons.
- : Marthuania endorsed The Empire of Herlobia.
- : Marthuania was endorsed by The Empire of Herlobia.
- : Following new legislation in Marthuania, t-shirts displaying a photo of Marius Kravtsjenko Oktyabrskiy performing the Full-Monty are selling out.
- : Following new legislation in Marthuania, there are six more weeks of winter if a northerner sees her shadow.
- : Following new legislation in Marthuania, public incontinence is a growing problem amongst the nation's women.
- : Following new legislation in Marthuania, in a baffling press conference Marius Kravtsjenko Oktyabrskiy proudly dismantled a broken door.
- : Following new legislation in Marthuania, signs saying "No Poor People or Weirdoes" are common outside shops and cafés.
Endorsements Received: 33 » Winter Gulley, Jocospor, Regna Loreau, Consterius Reich, Kazakah, Coalora, Great Morningstar, Famarrod, New-Korean union, Grouberdastchereichenstag, ShrewLlamaLand, Vlamms Statt, Branalia, Vinitas, Terra de Combattimento, Fetra, Blutiges Imperium, Castelia, Refarria, United Communes of Chile, Comein, Prussiolity, Depackya, The German Primitivist Protectorate, Cirodyn, West Heisen, Shoezone, Sparkvernia, Imperial adyaxa, Otogal, Emerald Order, Floodrisen, and Herlobia.