The Anthrostate of Korwin is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Consul Kagan with an even hand, and remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, keen interest in outer space, and prohibition of alcohol. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.26 billion Korwinians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ashkiln. The average income tax rate is 96.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Korwinian economy, worth 949 trillion liens a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 180,488 liens, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Skateparks can be found in every city, school teachers check the staff room for hidden webcams before complaining about rebellious students, dubiously qualified Skandilundian barristers keep referring to laws as 'government guidelines', and the sound of office water cooler chatter has been replaced by the whirring of computer cooling fans. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Korwin's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Korwin, the sound of office water cooler chatter has been replaced by the whirring of computer cooling fans.
- : Following new legislation in Korwin, dubiously qualified Skandilundian barristers keep referring to laws as 'government guidelines'.
- : Korwin was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Korwin, school teachers check the staff room for hidden webcams before complaining about rebellious students.
- : Following new legislation in Korwin, skateparks can be found in every city.
- : Following new legislation in Korwin, the new 'Who Wants To Be A Politician' election debate auditions are more popular than the debates themselves.
- : Korwin voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Following new legislation in Korwin, anti-government demagogues have a devil of a time evading authorities.
- : Korwin was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Korwin was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
Endorsements Received: 15 » Mikeswill, Kyupaa, King Zhaoxiang of Qin, PortSky, Beanz, The Double Wing, Arithei, East Blepia, Patria Augusta, United Drafonstland, Kaacko, Dindrenzi, Di Elephanoda, Joviality, and Liata.