|Leader||Lord General Kazoko|
The Rogue Nation of Volpi Apostati is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Lord General Kazoko with an iron fist, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, avant-garde cinema, and zero percent divorce rate. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 5.813 billion Volpi Apostatians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Law & Order, and Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fennec Fortress. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 18.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Volpi Apostatian economy, worth a remarkable 1,319 trillion Euros a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 227,009 Euros, with the richest citizens earning 7.7 times as much as the poorest.
Five-year-olds who refuse to line up on command get gold stars, Volpi Apostati has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world, workers of "fairweather faith" claim six months of paid leave for holy days per year, and halberds are common 18th birthday presents. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Volpi Apostati's national animal is the Fennec Fox, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Volpi Apostati was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Volpi Apostati, halberds are common 18th birthday presents.
- : Following new legislation in Volpi Apostati, workers of "fairweather faith" claim six months of paid leave for holy days per year.
- : Following new legislation in Volpi Apostati, Volpi Apostati has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world.
- : Volpi Apostati's influence in The West Pacific rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Volpi Apostati endorsed The Republic of Ilmecith.
- : Volpi Apostati was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : Volpi Apostati was endorsed by The Republic of Ilmecith.
- : Volpi Apostati endorsed The Commonwealth of Doggerstan.
- : Volpi Apostati was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Doggerstan.
Endorsements Received: 31 » The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Mediobogdum, Kittenlicious, Greg Tucker, Wickedly evil people, Blue Ocean on Beach, DiscGolfLand, Numpties, Empire of Spartacus, Luminaros, Archonina, Pandaland II, Condonohia, Psikuta, Arkadia Universalis, The Undivided, Shaktirajya, Shaqolandia, Kawaii Schoolgirl, Dalimbar, Xiuhtezcatl, Bran Astor, Papercuts and Skittles, Cro Magnon, Keerim Foundation, Westwind, Grandi Fiori, Troodan, Fujai, Doggerstan, and Ilmecith.