The Imperial Empire of Jocospor is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Emanoel II with an iron fist, and remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, punitive income tax rates, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 5.7 billion Jocospites are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vocryae. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 69.0%.
The powerhouse Jocospite economy, worth 813 trillion Flamas a year, is broadly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an impressive 142,691 Flamas, with the richest citizens earning 7.5 times as much as the poorest.
Wrongful arrests abound as 'criminals' blame the guy next to them, open-casket funerals are avoided at all cost, the hills are alive with the smell of burning flesh, and doctors who mutter "Oh my God" often lose their medical license. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Jocospor's national animal is the Finch, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Moderatism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Jocospor, doctors who mutter "Oh my God" often lose their medical license.
- : Jocospor lodged a message on the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators Regional Message Board.
- : Jocospor approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Freedom of Religion"".
- : Jocospor withdrew its approval for the World Assembly proposal "Safe transport of pupils to school".
- : Jocospor approved the World Assembly proposal "Safe transport of pupils to school".
- : Jocospor approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Asbestos Consumption, Disposal and Worker Protection"".
- : Jocospor approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Rights of Crime Victims"".
- : Jocospor approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Preventing the Illicit Trade of Cultural Artefacts"".
- : Jocospor published "The Imperial Empire of Jocospor" (Factbook: Geography).
- : Jocospor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Conservative.