|Leader||Imperator Viktor Arcen|
The Imperatum of The Very Dark Place is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Imperator Viktor Arcen with an iron fist, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, strictly enforced bedtime, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 1.681 billion imperials are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Industry, Law & Order, and Administration are also considered important, while Social Policy and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Neu Bösehaven. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 36.0%.
The frighteningly efficient imperial economy, worth 403 trillion Axes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Gambling. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 240,182 Axes, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,969,145 per year while the poor average 6,213, a ratio of 316 to 1.
The children of The Very Dark Place are often remarked upon for their cheery attitude to extreme violence, only the wealthy can afford monorail fares, the mood of raunchy movies is often ruined by the sound of babies crying, and inheritance tax has recently been abolished. Crime is a problem, possibly because it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many regulations. The Very Dark Place's national animal is the Imperial Hawk, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Kränterism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in The Very Dark Place, inheritance tax has recently been abolished.
- : Following new legislation in The Very Dark Place, the mood of raunchy movies is often ruined by the sound of babies crying.
- : Following new legislation in The Very Dark Place, only the wealthy can afford monorail fares.
- : The Very Dark Place voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Roavin".
- : The Very Dark Place was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Conservative.
- : The Very Dark Place published "Nobility of The Imperatum" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Following new legislation in The Very Dark Place, the children of The Very Dark Place are often remarked upon for their cheery attitude to extreme violence.
- : The Very Dark Place lodged a message on the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in The Very Dark Place, all marriages are arranged by the government.
- : Following new legislation in The Very Dark Place, locally produced computer games are being released faster than gamers can play them.
Endorsements Received: 40 » The Yeetusa, West Heisen, The Destroyers of Christianity, ShrewLlamaLand, Jefferson Club, Depackya, Hunem, Feuraxia, Aeioux, Russian States of Eurasia, Medici Empire, New England INC, New Sparta Ascendancy, Jocospor, HMS NHS, Peoples Republic Of Aristozka, American Pere Housh, Daulmark, Oigrim, Panthera Order, Trivilin, Golden Impirial Utopia, Greater Dragunovia, The land of certain death, VlaRiSsiA, Eternal Iron, East Mordor, Kleptocratic Bureau of Foreign Affairs, Thorstonia, East Turzikstan, New Destrucion, Complete and Utter Freedom, Verrich Ania, Systemic Corruption, Hellslayer, United Tatumia, Supolinia, Zicona, Holy Land Of Germania, and Andoros.