|Leader||Führer Wayne Thoreson|
The Dictatorship of Thorstonia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Führer Wayne Thoreson with an iron fist, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, compulsory military service, and parental licensing program. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 1.783 billion Thorstonians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Industry, Law & Order, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Welfare and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thorsville. The average income tax rate is 66.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Thorstonian economy, worth 206 trillion Thorsmarks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Retail, and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 115,634 Thorsmarks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Nobody ever seems to enter or leave the armour-plated flying castle that serves as the seat of government, ships no longer sail as no one wants to encounter Thorstonian pirates, citizens are deployed to barren deserts to protect small territorial claims, and reassembling shredded papers is the highlight of a spy's day. Crime, especially youth-related, is well under control, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thorstonia's national animal is the Dromedary, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Thoresonism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Thorstonia, reassembling shredded papers is the highlight of a spy's day.
- : Following new legislation in Thorstonia, citizens are deployed to barren deserts to protect small territorial claims.
- : Following new legislation in Thorstonia, ships no longer sail as no one wants to encounter Thorstonian pirates.
- : Following new legislation in Thorstonia, nobody ever seems to enter or leave the armour-plated flying castle that serves as the seat of government.
- : Following new legislation in Thorstonia, theft is considered to be okay if the crime happened a long time ago.
- : Thorstonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Thorstonia endorsed The United Kingdoms of Codeia.
- : Thorstonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : Thorstonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Thorstonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Black Market.
Endorsements Received: 40 » Depackya, HMS NHS, Aeioux, ShrewLlamaLand, Russian States of Eurasia, East Turzikstan, Kleptocratic Bureau of Foreign Affairs, Hellslayer, Feuraxia, The Dixie Confederate Union, VlaRiSsiA, Deman Kalan, Tertania, Daulmark, Panthera Order, Cape Canavral, New England INC, The Destroyers of Christianity, Golden Impirial Utopia, Aerilithia, Trivilin, Oigrim, Marthuania, The land of certain death, Jefferson Club, Eternal Iron, Aryus Millitary Junta, Mousto Readia, American Pere Housh, Hunem, Illuminant Bats, Vale Helsraetoni, The Nat Trote Kure, Shiya, Medici Empire, Complete and Utter Freedom, Systemic Corruption, The Yeetusa, Penarastaria, and Codeia.