The Republic of Hunem is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Yelm with an iron fist, and remarkable for its closed borders, infamous sell-swords, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 3.158 billion Hunemians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Intermarium. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Hunemian economy, worth 499 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 158,306 dollars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 717,201 per year while the poor average 21,440, a ratio of 33.5 to 1.
Citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering', religious bigotry and a fear of outsiders have replaced religious studies in schools, strange looking men with big red noses are found hiding behind bushes and inside dustbins, and the government's new priority is citizens' access to cat videos. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. Hunem's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hunem was endorsed by The Empire of Nyles.
- : Following new legislation in Hunem, the government's new priority is citizens' access to cat videos.
- : Following new legislation in Hunem, strange looking men with big red noses are found hiding behind bushes and inside dustbins.
- : Following new legislation in Hunem, religious bigotry and a fear of outsiders have replaced religious studies in schools.
- : Following new legislation in Hunem, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering'.
- : Following new legislation in Hunem, the nation's leader is normally just referred to as "snuggle-wuggle-huggy-bear".
- : Hunem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Durkadurkiranistan II".
- : Hunem was endorsed by The Immortal Empire of Refarria.
- : Hunem was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Following new legislation in Hunem, rude retail employees are now even ruder homeless panhandlers.
Endorsements Received: 39 » Wilhelms, ShrewLlamaLand, La Polizia Si Incazza, Jocospor, Canaveran Empire, Merconitonitopia, Shronok, Winter Gulley, Shiya, Penarastaria, Tertania, Kazakah, New-Korean union, Regna Loreau, The Souless Damned, Khanbaliq Mongolia, Doerbach, Great Morningstar, Coalora, Ruthlessnia, Comein, Imperiium, American Pere Housh, Marthuania, Famarrod, Country of CityTowne, Holy Barracuda, Grouberdastchereichenstag, Slavokian, Vlamms Statt, The Grand Empire of Kertha, Branalia, Middle Ran Kals Colbown, Vinitas, Fetra, Blutiges Imperium, Castelia, Refarria, and Nyles.