WA Delegate: The Lusophonic Disappointment of Sciongrad (elected )
Founder: The Free Land of The IDU
Regional Power: High
Today's World Census Report
The Nudest in International Democratic Union
After exhaustive surveys, the World Census calculated which nations have the greatest acreages of flesh on public display.
As a region, International Democratic Union is ranked 5,490th in the world for Nudest.
|1.||The Rogue Nation of Herpothamnus||Democratic Socialists||“Live for the day”|
|2.||The Diplomatic Immunity of Bears Armed Mission||Civil Rights Lovefest||“Talk softly, but carry a singlestick”|
|3.||The Free Bears of Bears Armed||Anarchy||“Do we WHAT in the woods?”|
|4.||The Constitutional Monarchy of Arthuriana||Left-wing Utopia||“We face the horizon, everywhere we go”|
|5.||The Free Land of The Ursine Northlands||Anarchy||“On Land and Sea, The Bears are Free!”|
|6.||The Commonwealth of Lumeau||Left-wing Utopia||“Pour l'un et pour tous”|
|7.||The Empire of Grellania||Civil Rights Lovefest||“Honor, Liberty, Order, Justice, Choice.”|
|8.||The Super 27th and 28th Cycles of The Amazing Race||Civil Rights Lovefest||“The Worid Is Waiting -- for the 25th Time!”|
|9.||The Democratic Federation of Schnauzer Dominions||Civil Rights Lovefest||“Liberty Justice Equality Security”|
|10.||The Asymmetrical Confederation of Domnonia||Left-wing Utopia||“One can only be free if all are so.”|
Last poll: “Sandwiches: Honey, or Condensed Milk?”
- : The United States of New Austractica of the region Democratic states of Antartica proposed constructing embassies.
- : The Divine Republic of Sanctaria updated the World Factbook entry.
- : The Divine Republic of Sanctaria added a dispatch.
- : The Divine Republic of Sanctaria rejected Unitys Alliance's request for regional embassies.
- : The Armed Republic of Counter Terrorists of the region Unitys Alliance proposed constructing embassies.
- : The Divine Republic of Sanctaria rejected The Danu Confederacy's request for regional embassies.
- : The Federal Republic of Invictas of the region The Danu Confederacy proposed constructing embassies.
- : The Divine Republic of Sanctaria rejected North Australasia's request for regional embassies.
- : Simper ceased to exist.
- : The Allied States of LionsAndTigersAndBears arrived from Holding pen.
International Democratic Union Regional Message Board
Did they stack for Scion's current repeal at vote? If they did, it must've been a short short one before they put their vote against..
I don't know if Scion requested one. You have to request.
And the stack is only when it immediately goes to vote, if the regional poll tells the Delegate to vote against thereafter, (s)he must do so,
Congratulations, and best wishes.
I didn't request, but that was because based on their forum discussion, it no longer looks like TNP plans on carrying out that clause in good faith.
That's not true at all, I had a read - they're perfectly within their rights if the poll says no, which it did.
I agree, they're within their rights if their poll says no. But based on the discussion, it seems that they intend on simply holding forum votes before resolutions are put to vote, which means they would not be obligated to stack in favor of our resolutions ever, unless of course they voted in favor of it, in which case that provision of the treaty wouldn't matter anyway. I'm not criticizing them, I'm just pointing out that the particular provision of the treaty is no longer as effective as it once was.
It's still an important part of our foreign relations, nevertheless.
I agree absolutely, TNP is still one of our oldest and closest friends and allies and how they interpret that clause won't change that.
What do the candidates think of:
1. Updating our regional "charter"/"constitution". It's severely out of date (still references the UN!) and we tend to ignore it anyway (e.g. we don't hold elections when it tells us to).
2. Establishing a regional crest/seal/coat of arms that we can use on official publications. Also possible a new flag? Might be good to reinvent the region to attract (and keep) new members.
Embassy Policy has been put into a dispatch and pinned to the WFE. Hopefully will be more noticable! Please up-vote :)