WA Delegate: The Commonwealth of Lumeau (elected 39 days ago)
Founder: The Free Land of The IDU
Regional Power: High
Today's World Census Report
The Most Scientifically Advanced in International Democratic Union
World Census researchers quantified national scientific advancement by quizzing random citizens about quantum chromodynamics, space-time curvature and stem cell rejuvenation therapies. Responses based on Star Trek were discarded.
As a region, International Democratic Union is ranked 5,046th in the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
|1.||The Virtuous Patience of The Dark Star Republic||Democratic Socialists||“I could be anything, nothing, whatever, oh well”|
|2.||The Constitutional Monarchy of Eenen||Left-wing Utopia||“We Stand United”|
|3.||The Ribald Retirement Villages of Festive Old Folks||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“Get off my lawn!”|
|4.||The Empire of Grellania||Civil Rights Lovefest||“Honor, Liberty, Order, Justice, Choice.”|
|5.||The Estat Frances i Espanyol of Franxico||Compulsory Consumerist State||“Treball, Família, Pàtria”|
|6.||The 25th Anniversary Cycle of The Amazing Race||Civil Rights Lovefest||“The Worid Is Waiting -- for the 25th Time!”|
|7.||The Democratic Federation of Schnauzer States||Civil Rights Lovefest||“Liberty Equality Justice Security”|
|8.||The United Islands of Hakio||Left-Leaning College State||“One thing I can tell you is you got to be free.”|
|9.||The Democratic Union of Atelosia||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“Gradatim Ferociter”|
|10.||The Republic of Sawia||Corrupt Dictatorship||“Groß Menschen nie verlieren.”|
- 4 days ago: The Democratic Republic of Rilandia Island departed this region for United Social Islands.
- 5 days ago: The Democratic Republic of Rilandia Island arrived from The North Pacific.
- 6 days ago: The Republic of Qazaq Eli of the region Turkic Union proposed constructing embassies.
- 8 days ago: The Federation of The Eastern Atolls arrived from Social Liberal Union.
- 9 days ago: The Republic of Itataea departed this region for Union of Prosperous Nations.
- 10 days ago: The People's Republic of Toumba ceased to exist.
- 11 days ago: The Democratic Republic of Simorgh of the region United Iran proposed constructing embassies.
- 14 days ago: The Republic of Itataea arrived from The North Pacific.
- 14 days ago: The Republic of Slonokav arrived from The North Pacific.
- 17 days ago: The Federal Kingdom of Welskerland arrived from Democratium.
International Democratic Union Regional Message Board
It's not bad. No argument against approval here.
I am against the current SC proposal, though.
In the light of the recent plague, and the possibility of its return, we have just established a dedicated research agency: The Incorporated States of BEAR Labs.
“Thank you, it certainly suits urrs.”
(and a ‘Thank you’ from me OOC, too, because your comment reminded me how little of this Ursine language I’ve actually sorted-out so far and prompted me to resume work on it…)
Woo, my first regional #1 in IDU. I used to be #1 in the world in this ranking with QoD...seems I have some way to go with DSR.
One of my own older puppets. The Incorporated Consortium of Propserina, once managed to come last worldwide in the 'Most Corrupt Governments' rankings.
"Hwhay, brillig'oh-dirrh ir barra gurh-blaer?"
“Hrarroom!” ( = “Greetings”), and a hearty "Welcome to the IDU", for The Democratic Republic of Rilandia Island.
*(sends over a gift basket of Bears Armed’s produce, including a large jar of high-quality honey and a large bottle of high-quality maple syrup as well as assorted fruits and nuts)*
"Hwhay, rig chah-dro hrray darn mirrt-thrit?"
Quick update from the WA:
Voted against Foreign Patent Recognition. We found it to be way overbroad and potentially harmful to domestic economies.
Also approved the repeal of GAR 158, "On Genetically Modified Foods," as we think labeling GM food is essentially pointless.
Any thoughts from the IDU would be appreciated, as always.
--The Executive-General of the Commonwealth
Strongly supportive of Foreign Patent Recognition.