WA Delegate: The Diplomatic Immunity of Bears Armed Mission (elected 47 days ago)
Founder: The Free Land of The IDU
Regional Power: High
Today's World Census Report
The Safest in International Democratic Union
The World Census ranked nations on a variety of scales to produce an indication of how safe a country is to visit.
As a region, International Democratic Union is ranked 5,964th in the world for Safest.
|1.||The Constitutional Monarchy of Eenen||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“We Stand United”|
|2.||The Divine Republic of Sanctaria||Democratic Socialists||“Dura Lex Sed Lex”|
|3.||The Republic of Valendia||Scandinavian Liberal Paradise||“Salus Populi Suprema Lex Esto ”|
|4.||The Constitutional Monarchy of Arthuriana||Civil Rights Lovefest||“We face the horizon, everywhere we go”|
|5.||The Sea Nomads of Bellapax||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Forever Sailing, Forever Free”|
|6.||The Antisyzygy of The Dark Star Republic||Democratic Socialists||“I could be anything, nothing, whatever, oh well”|
|7.||The Lusophonic Disappointment of Sciongrad||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“In Scion, we trust.”|
|8.||The Republic of Sawia||Corrupt Dictatorship||“Groß Menschen nie verlieren.”|
|9.||The Empire of Grellania||Civil Rights Lovefest||“Honor, Liberty, Order, Justice, Choice.”|
|10.||The Rogue Nation of Herpothamnus||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“Live for the day”|
- 22 hours ago: Embassy established between Osiris and International Democratic Union.
- 2 days ago: The Democratic Union of Atelosia departed this region for Democratic Socialist Assembly.
- 4 days ago: The Diplomatic Immunity of Bears Armed Mission agreed to construct embassies with Osiris.
- 6 days ago: The Pheisty Pharaoh of Cormac A Stark of the region Osiris proposed constructing embassies.
- 7 days ago: The Constitutional Monarchy of Ruda departed this region for The Union of Greater Asia.
- 9 days ago: The Grand Duchy of Luxembourgers arrived from The North Pacific.
- 10 days ago: The Republic of Adrib ceased to exist.
- 12 days ago: The Democratic Union of Elesya arrived from The Coalition of Democratic Nations.
- 12 days ago: The Free Land of Regal Beagles ceased to exist.
- 17 days ago: The Fenced-In Area of Vladovaskia departed this region for Commonwealth of Free Nations.
International Democratic Union Regional Message Board
Hmm, #2... Too pacifistic! >:l
I'm just a fan
Temporarily switching WA status but I will rejoin.
likely to be rather busy with RL for the next 2-3 days...
Please tell me what you think of the 3rd draft of my proposal.
Fertile Farmland Protection
Council: General Assembly
Industry Affected: Agriculture
NOTING that most -- if not all -- WA States rely heavily on professional farmers to grow crops through agricultural means, and deeming it necessary for agriculture to remain intact having realized the benefits to the farmers, the economy, and international trade, but
REALIZING that when the same crop is planted in the same field too frequently, it rapidly depletes necessary nutrients from the soil, causing the soil to become infertile and unable to continue to produce enough crops to benefit any of the parties involved,
RELUCTANTLY AWARE that when crops are improperly rotated, the portion of once-fertile farmland on which these crops are planted can and will be destroyed, and a similarly sized portion of forest must be destroyed to replace that farmland,
HAVING STATED our reasons as to why fertile farmland should be protected, the General Assembly hereby:
- 1. DEFINES a "professional farmer," for the purpose of this resolution, as any person who farms, plants, or gardens on an area of one hectare -- 10,000 square meters -- or more
2. DEFINES "crop rotation," for the purpose of this resolution, as the action or system of alternating crops for the purpose of conserving the soil
3. ESTABLISHES the World Assembly Association of Agriculture (WAAA) to determine which and how often agriculturally produced crops must be rotated for the sake of the soil. The WAAA will create and enforce regulations accordingly, so that crops are rotated when, and only when, absolutely necessary
4. CALLS UPON the World Assembly Forest Commission (WAFC) to create strict restrictions on the number of hectares of forest that can be cut down for agricultural purposes in a given area
5. REQUIRES that professional farmers abide by the rules and regulations created by the WAAA and the WAFC for the sake of the soil, the sake of themselves, and the sake of all the parties involved.
Anyone who makes a major change that I approve of gets co-authorship
Note, I'm showing you guys the third draft prior to posting it on its forum so that I can make it the best I can
I'm not sure it's a issue worth the WA's time to be honest..
Food security is fairly important. Submit it to the GA forum and we'll see what the wider universe thinks and whether delegates will consider it worth going to quorum.
I would recommend you all vote AGAINST Individual Working Freedoms as it's Mandates clause is so sufficiently vague that it could wholly screw up a liberal economic system with unions and working hour regulations.
Under lonnng-established WA (& even NS-UN...) procedure, the job of interpretion of any vagueness in passed resolutions falls by default to the member nations' own separate legislatures & legal systems. Therefore this proposed resolution could only have the harmful effects that you suggest if the governments & legal systems of the indivdual nations concerned actually condone those effects anyhows...
I am currently voting for the proposal, although of course if the regional balance shifts to a clear majority "Against" before voting ends then I (acting in my role as delegate, rather than simply for this nation) will switch policy accordingly.