WA Delegate: The Diplomatic Immunity of Bears Armed Mission (elected 43 days ago)
Founder: The Free Land of The IDU
Construction of embassies with Osiris has commenced. Completion expected in 2 days 19 hours.
Regional Power: High
Today's World Census Report
The Largest Trout Fishing Sector in International Democratic Union
As a region, International Democratic Union is ranked 1,434th in the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
|1.||The Free Bears of Bears Armed||Anarchy||“Do we WHAT in the woods?”|
|2.||The Democratic Republic of Himazzazz||Capitalist Paradise||“Money, money, money”|
|3.||The Ribald Retirement Villages of Festive Old Folks||New York Times Democracy||“Get off my lawn!”|
|4.||The Sovereign Principality of Roumberre||Capitalist Paradise||“D'Ursini have, D'Ursini hold.”|
|5.||The Democratic Federation of Kinderliebstadt||Civil Rights Lovefest||“Liberty Equality Justice Security”|
|6.||The Democratic Federation of Purple Schnauzers||Corporate Bordello||“Liberty Equality Justice Security”|
|7.||The Free Land of The Ursine Northlands||Corporate Bordello||“On Land and Sea, The Bears are Free!”|
|8.||The Democratic Federation of Schnauzer Homelands||Anarchy||“Liberty Equality Justice Security”|
|9.||The Democratic Federation of Neu Grosseschnauzer||Civil Rights Lovefest||“Liberty Equality Justice Security”|
|10.||The Colony of Newerfoundland||Right-wing Utopia||“This space available for rent”|
- 14 hours ago: The Diplomatic Immunity of Bears Armed Mission agreed to construct embassies with Osiris.
- 2 days 11 hours ago: The Pheisty Pharaoh of Cormac A Stark of the region Osiris proposed constructing embassies.
- 4 days ago: The Constitutional Monarchy of Ruda departed this region for The Union of Greater Asia.
- 5 days ago: The Grand Duchy of Luxembourgers arrived from The North Pacific.
- 6 days ago: The Republic of Adrib ceased to exist.
- 8 days ago: The Democratic Union of Elesya arrived from The Coalition of Democratic Nations.
- 9 days ago: The Free Land of Regal Beagles ceased to exist.
- 13 days ago: The Fenced-In Area of Vladovaskia departed this region for Commonwealth of Free Nations.
- 13 days ago: The Fenced-In Area of Vladovaskia arrived from The Versutian Federation.
- 15 days ago: The United Socialist States of Community of free peoples of the region United Sovereign Republics Of Acuder proposed constructing embassies.
International Democratic Union Regional Message Board
Number 5 on the rankings
#77 for us! Woo! Less guns, more stabbings.
*shank shank shank*
Hmm, #88... Not pacifist enough! >:l
I assume the vice delegate needs to be WA? If not I would gladly accede to the post. But I doubt that would be the case. :P
Welcome to the fold, Luxembourgers. Are you actually from Luxembourg, or are you just a fan?
Hmm, #2... Too pacifistic! >:l
I'm just a fan
Temporarily switching WA status but I will rejoin.
likely to be rather busy with RL for the next 2-3 days...
Please tell me what you think of the 3rd draft of my proposal.
Fertile Farmland Protection
Council: General Assembly
Industry Affected: Agriculture
NOTING that most -- if not all -- WA States rely heavily on professional farmers to grow crops through agricultural means, and deeming it necessary for agriculture to remain intact having realized the benefits to the farmers, the economy, and international trade, but
REALIZING that when the same crop is planted in the same field too frequently, it rapidly depletes necessary nutrients from the soil, causing the soil to become infertile and unable to continue to produce enough crops to benefit any of the parties involved,
RELUCTANTLY AWARE that when crops are improperly rotated, the portion of once-fertile farmland on which these crops are planted can and will be destroyed, and a similarly sized portion of forest must be destroyed to replace that farmland,
HAVING STATED our reasons as to why fertile farmland should be protected, the General Assembly hereby:
- 1. DEFINES a "professional farmer," for the purpose of this resolution, as any person who farms, plants, or gardens on an area of one hectare -- 10,000 square meters -- or more
2. DEFINES "crop rotation," for the purpose of this resolution, as the action or system of alternating crops for the purpose of conserving the soil
3. ESTABLISHES the World Assembly Association of Agriculture (WAAA) to determine which and how often agriculturally produced crops must be rotated for the sake of the soil. The WAAA will create and enforce regulations accordingly, so that crops are rotated when, and only when, absolutely necessary
4. CALLS UPON the World Assembly Forest Commission (WAFC) to create strict restrictions on the number of hectares of forest that can be cut down for agricultural purposes in a given area
5. REQUIRES that professional farmers abide by the rules and regulations created by the WAAA and the WAFC for the sake of the soil, the sake of themselves, and the sake of all the parties involved.
Anyone who makes a major change that I approve of gets co-authorship
Note, I'm showing you guys the third draft prior to posting it on its forum so that I can make it the best I can