“Dura Lex Sed Lex”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
Location: International Democratic Union
The Divine Republic of Sanctaria is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Prime Minister Mark Kindle with an even hand, and notable for its restrictive gun laws. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 8.479 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sanctus. The average income tax rate is 90%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Cities are engulfed by smog, tombstones are ten feet high to accommodate the names of inhabitants, the government is promoting multicultural values with the new 'Just Be Nice, OK?' initiative, and door-to-door salesmen are frequently beaten up by 'vigilantes'. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sanctaria's national animal is the Deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Church of Sanctaria, and its currency is the Sanctarian Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 5 hours ago: Sanctaria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reduction of Abortion Act"".
- 4 days ago: Sanctaria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Chemical Weapons Convention".
- 7 days ago: Sanctaria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On the Declaration of War".
- 12 days ago: Sanctaria fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.
- 15 days ago: Sanctaria fell out of the world Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 17 days ago: Sanctaria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Emporia Towers".
- 20 days ago: Sanctaria endorsed The Diplomatic Immunity of Bears Armed Mission.
- 20 days ago: Sanctaria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate the South Pacific".
- 20 days ago: Sanctaria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Living Wage Act"".
- 21 days ago: Sanctaria was endorsed by The Diplomatic Immunity of Bears Armed Mission.