“Dura Lex Sed Lex”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Contender
Location: International Democratic Union
The Divine Republic of Sanctaria is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Prime Minister Mark Kindle with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 10.186 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sanctus. The average income tax rate is 91%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Tombstones are ten feet high to accommodate the names of inhabitants, the government is promoting multicultural values with the new 'Just Be Nice, OK?' initiative, door-to-door salesmen are frequently beaten up by 'vigilantes', and a flood of mandatory divorces burden the courts. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sanctaria's national animal is the Deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Church of Sanctaria, and its currency is the Sanctarian Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 hours ago
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Sanctaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Anarchy".
- 2 days 18 hours ago: Sanctaria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Armaments Trading".
- 3 days 15 hours ago: Sanctaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate St Abbaddon".
- 6 days ago: Sanctaria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Cultural Site Preservation".
- 7 days ago: Sanctaria fell out of the world Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 9 days ago: Sanctaria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Auralia".
- 11 days ago: Sanctaria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Reproductive Freedoms".
- 14 days ago: Sanctaria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).
- 14 days ago: Sanctaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Anime Daisuki".
- 14 days ago: Sanctaria withdrew its endorsement from The Diplomatic Immunity of Bears Armed Mission.