“Dura Lex Sed Lex”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Contender
Location: International Democratic Union
The Divine Republic of Sanctaria is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Prime Minister Mark Kindle with an even hand, and remarkable for its restrictive gun laws. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 10.476 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sanctus. The average income tax rate is 91%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Tombstones are ten feet high to accommodate the names of inhabitants, the government is promoting multicultural values with the new 'Just Be Nice, OK?' initiative, door-to-door salesmen are frequently beaten up by 'vigilantes', and a flood of mandatory divorces burden the courts. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sanctaria's national animal is the Deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Church of Sanctaria, and its currency is the Sanctarian Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 88 minutes ago
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Sanctaria lodged a message on the International Democratic Union Regional Message Board.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Sanctaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Sanctaria's influence in International Democratic Union fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Sanctaria endorsed The Republic of Zerathia.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Sanctaria approved the World Assembly proposal "Condemn Sauvania".
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Sanctaria endorsed The Sea Nomads of Bellapax.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Sanctaria endorsed The People's Republic of Toumba.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Sanctaria was endorsed by The People's Republic of Toumba.
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Sanctaria approved the World Assembly proposal "Radiological Terrorism".
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Sanctaria lodged a message on the International Democratic Union Regional Message Board.