The Free Land of The IDU is a gargantuan, efficient nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 21.731 billion IDUvians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government is primarily concerned with Law & Order, although Education, Welfare, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Public Transport are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Democracity. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 10.7%.
The very strong IDUvian economy, worth a remarkable 1,047 trillion conargoes a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with major contributions from Retail, Furniture Restoration, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 48,198 conargoes, with the richest citizens earning 6.5 times as much as the poorest.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, voting is voluntary, the police force is on a recruitment drive, and The IDU has designated Democracity as its capital city. Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The IDU's national animal is the none, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 24 days ago: The IDU was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 5%).
- 28 days ago: The IDU updated the World Factbook entry in International Democratic Union.
- 41 days ago: The IDU lodged a message on the International Democratic Union Regional Message Board.
- 41 days ago: The IDU suppressed a post on the International Democratic Union regional message board.
- 43 days ago: The IDU created a custom banner.
- 43 days ago: The IDU changed its national demonym to "IDUvian" and its demonym adjective to "IDUvian".
- 43 days ago: The IDU was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 10%).
- 51 days ago: The IDU's influence in International Democratic Union fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- 78 days ago: The IDU's influence in International Democratic Union rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 80 days ago: The IDU lodged a message on the International Democratic Union Regional Message Board.