“Justice, environment, industry, education”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: International Democratic Union
The Free Land of The IDU is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 20.008 billion The IDUians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although Education and Social Welfare are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Democracity. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 20%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Retail, Woodchip Exports, and Uranium Mining industries.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, voting is voluntary, the police force is on a recruitment drive, and The IDU has designated Democracity as its capital city. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The IDU's national animal is the none, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its currency is the conargo.
Most Recent Government Activity: 31 days ago
- 55 days ago: The IDU's influence in International Democratic Union fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- 55 days ago: The IDU's influence in International Democratic Union rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 56 days ago: The IDU composed a new Welcome Telegram for International Democratic Union.
- 66 days ago: The IDU lodged a message on the International Democratic Union Regional Message Board.
- 66 days ago: The IDU allowed WA Delegate access to Regional Control in International Democratic Union.
- 68 days ago: The IDU lodged a message on the International Democratic Union Regional Message Board.
- 68 days ago: The IDU created a new poll in International Democratic Union: "Who should be able to post on our RMB?".
- 68 days ago: The IDU barred WA Delegate access to Regional Control in International Democratic Union.
- 68 days ago: The IDU updated the World Factbook entry in International Democratic Union.
- 115 days ago: The IDU was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: #1).