The Free Land of The IDU is a gargantuan, efficient nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 24.416 billion IDUvians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government is primarily concerned with Law & Order, with Welfare, Healthcare, and Education also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Public Transport aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Democracity. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 11.7%.
The very strong IDUvian economy, worth a remarkable 1,162 trillion conargoes a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with major contributions from Retail, Uranium Mining, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 47,614 conargoes, with the richest citizens earning 6.5 times as much as the poorest.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, voting is voluntary, the police force is on a recruitment drive, and The IDU has designated Democracity as its capital city. Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The IDU's national animal is the none, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The IDU was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Populations and the Top 5% for Highest Economic Output.
- : The IDU agreed to construct embassies between International Democratic Union and The Halls of the WA.
- : The IDU was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : The IDU appointed The People's Republic of Sayar as Regional Cartographer with authority over Polls in International Democratic Union.
- : The IDU appointed The Autocratic Freak Show of SchutteGod as Foreign Minister with authority over Communications, Embassies, and Polls in International Democratic Union.
- : The IDU granted Border Control authority to The Prosaic Union of Gnejs and renamed the office from "co-Culture Minister" to "Vice Delegate / co-Culture Minister" in International Democratic Union.
- : The IDU appointed The Constitutional Monarchy of Nova Sodor as co-Culture Minister with authority over Appearance, Communications, and Polls in International Democratic Union.
- : The IDU appointed The Prosaic Union of Gnejs as co-Culture Minister with authority over Appearance, Communications, and Polls in International Democratic Union.
- : The IDU updated the World Factbook entry in International Democratic Union.
- : The IDU granted Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls authority to The Monarchical Republic of Sciongrad as Regional Administrator in International Democratic Union.