WA Delegate: The Democratic Republic of Jenesia (elected 1 day 9 hours ago)
Construction of embassies with the Rejected Realms has commenced. Completion expected in 2 hours.
Regional Power: Extremely High
Today's World Census Report
The Best Weather in Europe
The following nations were determined to have the best all-round weather.
As a region, Europe is ranked 15,164th in the world for Best Weather.
|1.||The Commonwealth of Ocean Girl||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“Love the ocean Love the Earth”|
|2.||The Republic of Venetoland||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“From each per his ability, to each per his needs”|
|3.||The Democratic Republic of Jenesia||Democratic Socialists||“Operor illa pardus planto meus butt vultus magnus?”|
|4.||The United States of Mameluco||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“To be or not to be .......”|
|5.||The United States of 1776 Revolution||New York Times Democracy||“E pluribus unum”|
|6.||The Federation of Short shorts||Democratic Socialists||“Yer damned if ya do, and yer damned if ya don't”|
|7.||The United States of Obama Reelection Sim||Corrupt Dictatorship||“Forward.”|
|8.||The Empire of Greater Konigsberg||New York Times Democracy||“Freedom, prosperity, prestige”|
|9.||The Republic of Troltovia||Liberal Democratic Socialists||“e”|
|10.||The Holy Empire of Jon4de85||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“God, peace and unity”|
Recent polls: “Embassy With the Rejected Realms?” • “This Constitution for Europe?” • “Constitution for Europe?”
- 25 minutes ago: The Republic of Communistis factas publicae Roma departed this region for USSR.
- 33 minutes ago: The Federation of Verseil arrived from The East Pacific.
- 33 minutes ago: The Republic of Communistis factas publicae Roma arrived from The North Pacific.
- 5 hours ago: The Democratic Republic of Ceroville departed this region for The North Pacific.
- 6 hours ago: The United Socialist States of Zirya arrived from The South Pacific.
- 6 hours ago: The Democratic States of Aegean and Mediterranean arrived from The West Pacific.
- 8 hours ago: The Holy Empire of Algainton departed this region for 10000 Islands.
- 8 hours ago: The Holy Empire of Algainton arrived from The West Pacific.
- 9 hours ago: The Dictatorship of NaziGermany4 departed this region for The Pacific.
- 9 hours ago: The Dictatorship of NaziGermany4 arrived from The Pacific.
Europe Regional Message Board
I have noticed an upsurge in the offsite forums the past week or two. Always good to see people here being active - it's only a good thing!
Oh ma Gawd! You spilt tooth paste in my peanut butter! I've never been more annoyed by a group of people fighting over a fake title in my life, and I'm a freakin wrestling fan. It's just the delegate seat, it doesn't matter. It'll flip flop more than Cobain's hair color.
Well. Hello everybody ^^ I'm new in this region. Nice to meet you :3
I agree, German is a better structured and organised language, and the mishmash of Greco-Roman linguistic hangovers in English is a mess, but one that would take considerable effort and a lot of arguments to clean up - It's too late now to complain now that we have words like "television" coming from the greek "tele-" meaning "from a great distance", and "vision" from the Latin verb meaning "to see" (Why the mix of both Latin & Greek?!), when the German "fernsehen" seems so much better.
But then again we also have great Germanic words like "F*ck" (from the Old German word meaning "violent sex"; modern German word "ficken")! AND we have the French word "biscuit"; a combination of two old French words "bis" & "cuit", meaning "twice cooked/baked", aswell as "CAKE" coming from the German word "kuchen"; which is only cooked/baked once!
English is a mishmash of so many linguistic origins because we were invaded by most of Western Europe throughout our early history, and then we proceeded to invade most of the World in our latter history, and brought back so many new ideas, and accompanying words, along with other booty! - We are but a product of our messy past!
Whatever it is, it's a social construct.