Forest RMB

WA Delegate (non-executive): The United Mangrove Archipelago of Ransium (elected )

Founder: The Cool Temperate Rainforests of Errinundera

BoardActivity History Admin Rank

Most World Assembly Endorsements: 65th Most Nations: 71st Best Weather: 551st+19
Most Beautiful Environments: 579th Most Rebellious Youth: 804th Nicest Citizens: 820th Most Compassionate Citizens: 850th Most Eco-Friendly Governments: 865th Most Popular Tourist Destinations: 901st Longest Average Lifespans: 961st Most Cultured: 1,036th Most Inclusive: 1,195th Most Influential: 1,215th Smartest Citizens: 1,249th Healthiest Citizens: 1,306th Most Pacifist: 1,312th Most Cheerful Citizens: 1,345th Largest Welfare Programs: 1,412th Most Advanced Public Education: 1,557th Nudest: 1,773rd Most Extensive Public Healthcare: 1,942nd Highest Foreign Aid Spending: 2,033rd
World Factbook Entry

Forest welcomes all nations, especially those concerned with the environment.

Collage banner of winner photos from Forest's photo contest found Linkhere.

Quote of the Fortnight

under my tree-roof
slanting lines of april rain
separate to drops
~ Matsuo Basho, 17th century Japanese poet


Links: Constitution | LinkForum | Map | LinkNewspaper* | History of Forest

*Install NS++ to receive newspaper notices or to contribute.



  1. 18

    The Regional Map of Forest

    BulletinPolicy by Bruination . 873 reads.

  2. 12

    Forest Regional History

    BulletinNews by Mozworld . 178 reads.

  3. 9

    Read Before Requesting Embassies with Forest

    BulletinPolicy by Ransium . 243 reads.

  4. 11

    Constitution of Forest

    MetaReference by Ransium . 205 reads.

  5. 6

    Current Ambassadors to and from Forest

    BulletinPolicy by Gil Zardon . 125 reads.

  6. 270

    A Guide to Different Issue Types

    MetaReference by Goddess Relief Office . 4,173 reads.

  7. 388

    The Complete List of NSCodes

    MetaReference by Testlandia . 13,695 reads.

▼ 4 More

Embassies: Philosophy 115, Hippy Haven, Yggdrasil, Eladen, The Hill, Futaba Aoi, International Democratic Union, Antarctica, Winterfell, Sunalaya, Antarctic Oasis, Texas, A Liberal Haven, Federation of Anarchist Communes, Canada, and Singapore.

Tags: Democratic, Enormous, Social, Casual, Map, Eco-friendly, Featured, Pacifist, Multi-Species, Regional Government, and World Assembly.

Regional Power: High

Forest contains 160 nations, the 71st most in the world.

Today's World Census Report

The Most Compassionate Citizens in Forest

Exhaustive World Census tests involving kittens revealed the following nations to be the most compassionate.

As a region, Forest is ranked 850th in the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.

NationWA CategoryMotto
1.The CUP-Eladeni Isocracy of Liberal LiberalsLeft-wing Utopia“Can't we all just get along? Eladen Rep”
2.The Sacred Commonwealth of Santa JoannaLiberal Democratic Socialists“God, let us stay free”
3.The Eco-Republic of MozworldInoffensive Centrist Democracy“Dream not of today”
4.The Cool Temperate Rainforests of ErrinunderaCivil Rights Lovefest“Please leave meat, leather, guns & cars in bin provided”
5.The Anarcho-Socialist Federation of Communal EcotopiaCivil Rights Lovefest“Democracy, Equity, Sustainability”
6.The Republic of CoolDaynaDemocratic Socialists“Make it so”
7.The Nomadic Peoples of AgadinLiberal Democratic Socialists“Beaten paths are for beaten men.”
8.The Democratic Republic of AshrahLiberal Democratic Socialists“Freedom or death”
9.The Lovebombs you came to expect of Lompe Steen HAHALiberal Democratic Socialists“stroaln hvelc Vreendscapr & hvoarhedrang hvelc Freadicr”
10.The Ice Blue Commonwealth of FroenburgDemocratic Socialists“Never again! Hopefully!”
1234. . .1516»

Regional Happenings

More...

Forest Regional Message Board

It probably depends on what your tax rate is. Once you get to 100% there's nowhere left to go.

Mount Seymour

Good Saturday, everyone!

There are over 110 custom flags among Forest's nations, but there are only 2 entrants so far in the new regional flag competition over on the off-site forum. Let's see those creative minds put to work to help out the region! There are 3 weeks to go before voting opens, so there's plenty of time left for designing and drawing. But there's no time like the present. Got nothing to do this weekend? Design a flag! It's good for the brain. :)

The contest could probably do with some more publicity. Perhaps a note in the WFE?

Ransium, Caracasus, and Mount Seymour

The Kingdom and Beach Resort of Bearadise wrote:Good Saturday, everyone!
There are over 110 custom flags among Forest's nations, but there are only 2 entrants so far in the new regional flag competition over on the off-site forum. Let's see those creative minds put to work to help out the region! There are 3 weeks to go before voting opens, so there's plenty of time left for designing and drawing. But there's no time like the present. Got nothing to do this weekend? Design a flag! It's good for the brain. :)
The contest could probably do with some more publicity. Perhaps a note in the WFE?


Hmm. A flag eh? I might have a go... I'm thinking symbols over a picture.

Bearadise and Mount Seymour

I know there's only about hour to go but I'm surprised and disappointed Forest is voting 5-12 so far to oppose the repeal of one of the most reprehensible of the WA's resolutions I've ever seen. In it's sneaky, weaselly way the original resolution fully condones execution by government. Only uncivilised nations still use the death penalty. (Oscar Wilde once described America as the only nation to go from barbarism to decadence without an intervening period of civilisation.) Thankfully, the repeal looks about to succeed.

Post self-deleted by Bearadise.

To be fair I only read it quickly, but I interpreted it to mean that the original resolution imposed limits on who could be executed, and this repeal was going to remove those limits. The ideal situation is no capital punishment, but without the original resolution I don't know whether the current situation is that there are unlimited executions or no executions.

The Black Friday Remnants of Mountain Ash Forests wrote:I know there's only about hour to go but I'm surprised and disappointed Forest is voting 5-12 so far to oppose the repeal of one of the most reprehensible of the WA's resolutions I've ever seen. In it's sneaky, weaselly way the original resolution fully condones execution by government. Only uncivilised nations still use the death penalty. (Oscar Wilde once described America as the only nation to go from barbarism to decadence without an intervening period of civilisation.) Thankfully, the repeal looks about to succeed.


I had to think it through quite a bit before voting against a repeal. The legislation places limits on executions - or rather it did. If there was a reasonable chance of bringing in legislation that either placed even more restrictions on execution or banned it outright I'd have voted for it. As it stands, especially with summer approaching (always brings out a fair few ultra-right wingers for some weird reason), I can't see such a replacement getting anywhere.

The United Socialist States of Caracasus wrote:Cool! Glad you liked it. Yeah, writing issues is fun actually.
Hmm - can't say I've seen a movie like that. I was actually basing it off a news story I read a few years back about a school that essentially had the pupils riot.


There was a school near-ish where I used to live that once had a massive riot... because the school began enforcing its smoking ban. I met plenty of people who went there... they were diverse characters, but were unanimous in their opinion that they went to a crazy school.

The Republic of Chan Island wrote:There was a school near-ish where I used to live that once had a massive riot... because the school began enforcing its smoking ban. I met plenty of people who went there... they were diverse characters, but were unanimous in their opinion that they went to a crazy school.

Seems odd to me. My high school was of the sort to say go smoke out of the way, where we can pretend we don't see you...
Colleges may be different, but I was under the impression that this was the norm...

Forum View

by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics