The People's Republic of Old Corus is a huge, safe nation, notable for its state-planned economy, free-roaming dinosaurs, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 545 million Midwesterners hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chicago. The average income tax rate is 72.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Midwestern economy, worth 42.5 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Tourism, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 77,997 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Most ambassadors from Old Corus retire only a few years after being appointed, it takes months to get the proper permits for a child's first tricycle, international television adverts praise the nation as a worker's paradise, and the government frequently panders to parents with boutique tax credits. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Old Corus's national animal is the Hydra.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Old Corus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- : Old Corus endorsed The Holy Empire of Bisht.
- : Old Corus endorsed The 14th Station of Delegations.
- : Old Corus endorsed The Federation of Helionyx.
- : Old Corus endorsed The Socialist Federation of Idontknowium.
- : Old Corus endorsed The Democratic States of Ezmwalia.
- : Following new legislation in Old Corus, the government frequently panders to parents with boutique tax credits.
- : Following new legislation in Old Corus, international television adverts praise the nation as a worker's paradise.
- : Following new legislation in Old Corus, it takes months to get the proper permits for a child's first tricycle.
- : Following new legislation in Old Corus, most ambassadors from Old Corus retire only a few years after being appointed.
Endorsements Received: 62 » Llorens, Grod Island, Kawany, Fizzopolis, Nangka, Silverfish37, Socialist Columbia, Henchikurin, Ephros, Sincadenas, Anarchocommunists of the World, Super Awesome Fun Times, Rorlenland, Nepacton Murt, Ghillemear, Caspersland, Antinios, Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, Slackertown, Asturies-Llion, Digitotuo, Regional Defence Council of Aragon, Republic of Braz, Guandyar, MacSwiney, NeoXoleria, Dyl, Manoaf, Armenasia, Soviet Catgirls, Alans Land, Martilliopen, Socialist Great Picardy, Kaamapoori, Sylvlakia, Transcommunist Republics, Picuros, Carolia Aurea, New Arkados, Roulantinia, United Socialist Republics of LAN, Depro, New Russsia, North Amherst, Mexican Communists, Anioniotopia, Caphrign, The Great Comrades of the Revolution, Agatep, The Iron-Blooded Ones, and 12 others.Claiomha, Komuna, Argentigrad, Lastolana, Somiens-et-Haveras, Vilouki, Creatrix, Bisht, Delegations, Helionyx, Idontknowium, and Ezmwalia.