The People's Republic of Alangrad is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Premier Alan with a fair hand, and renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, complete lack of prisons, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 5.603 billion Alangradians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Education, Administration, and Industry are also considered important, while International Aid and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alantropolis. The average income tax rate is 99.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Alangradian economy, worth a remarkable 2,773 trillion ostmarks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 494,956 ostmarks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The amount welfare recipients spend on fertilizer has exploded, mouldy bread is served as an appetizer in many restaurants, the government is a law unto itself, and consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Alangrad's national animal is the Moose, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Marxism-Alanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Alangrad, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in Alangrad, the government is a law unto itself.
- : Following new legislation in Alangrad, mouldy bread is served as an appetizer in many restaurants.
- : Alangrad voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Alangrad, the amount welfare recipients spend on fertilizer has exploded.
- : Following new legislation in Alangrad, 'Police Academy 36' and 'Sharknados On A Plane' are vying for top spot at the box-office.
- : Following new legislation in Alangrad, the nation is in perpetual campaign mode.
- : Following new legislation in Alangrad, the nation leads The Communist Bloc in per capita stalking.
- : Following new legislation in Alangrad, the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources.
- : Following new legislation in Alangrad, the national security service are a bunch of crooks.
Endorsements Received: 51 » Kethania, The United Kindom under Socialist Rule, Dindrenzi, New Soviet States of America, Freed Europe, Anarhic Morrowind, GreatUnion of Soviet Socialist Republics, Shamian, Russaki, Kitchen Nation, Uinted Communist of Africa, Voronagrad, Dudaev, Wirkungsgrad, Vulga, Sinedominis, Rotar, MLGDogeland, TrueArstotzka, Avanguard city, The State of Mao, Marxmeans, A Post-Apocalyptic Wasteland, Pazakistan, Republic of Yugoslavia, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Transbiansylvania, Free Atlantis, Blakkland, The Aristocratic States, Imperial Terra Australis, Servilis, Koowba, Siberaya, Phallas, Itre, Lorgim Lukka, Global Earth, Soviet Felines, Mommano Dicus, Feyrisshire, Ayro Va, Land of Justinian, New CSSR, Egaleca, Brasiliens, Melito, Elusea, Systemtopia, Kergstan, and 1 other.Hamascas.