The People's Republic of Alangrad is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Premier Alan with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, complete lack of prisons, and state-planned economy. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 3.731 billion Alangradians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, corrupt, liberal, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Education, Administration, and Industry also on the agenda, while International Aid and Law & Order are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alantropolis. The average income tax rate is 98.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Alangradian economy, worth a remarkable 1,239 trillion ostmarks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Retail, and Automobile Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 332,349 ostmarks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Alangradian husbands are dead good at fathering kids, soylent products are an expensive commodity due to a lack of volunteers, economic output is rising as the chronically depressed are persuaded not to burden society, and the government regularly publishes lengthy reports on its own excessive recordkeeping. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Alangrad's national animal is the Moose, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Marxism-Alanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Alangrad was endorsed by The Republic of The Proletarian Red Guards.
- : Alangrad was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Following new legislation in Alangrad, the government regularly publishes lengthy reports on its own excessive recordkeeping.
- : Following new legislation in Alangrad, economic output is rising as the chronically depressed are persuaded not to burden society.
- : Following new legislation in Alangrad, soylent products are an expensive commodity due to a lack of volunteers.
- : Following new legislation in Alangrad, Alangradian husbands are dead good at fathering kids.
- : Following new legislation in Alangrad, the nation operates a "finders-keepers" policy with other nations' citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Alangrad, mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation.
- : Following new legislation in Alangrad, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Alangrad was endorsed by The Nuclear Fallout of A Post-Apocalyptic Wasteland.
Endorsements Received: 61 » Kethania, The United Kindom under Socialist Rule, Dindrenzi, Sovetlana, New Soviet States of America, Freed Europe, Anarhic Morrowind, GreatUnion of Soviet Socialist Republics, Zilkia, Pakota, Shamian, Tekaroe Islands, Russaki, Kitchen Nation, Yukonoslavia, The Peoples Vanguard, Uinted Communist of Africa, Voronagrad, Dudaev, Cassaracen, Wirkungsgrad, E3 post code, Vulga, Soviet Socialist Armenia, Nowa Nowa Polska, The Moroccan Kingdom, Trabardia, East Boulevard, Terragone, Unified Socialist Soviet Republics, Arifarnia, Kurenia, Sinedominis, Russo-Finland, Rotar, Muscao, Kandivia, Vossetia, Transy1vania, Sevinland, MLGDogeland, TrueArstotzka, Avanguard city, Cluton, Kletzenland, Wokcun, Utlegthin, Union of Socialist Worker Councils, The State of Mao, Glass and Santiago, and 11 others.Tiger Shark Island, Marxmeans, Palmerstown SSR, Sodoran Alesia, United Liberated Proletariat, East Ustya, Antikorol, Marxstar, Adoriania, A Post-Apocalyptic Wasteland, and The Proletarian Red Guards.