The People's Republic of Alangrad is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Premier Alan with an even hand, and remarkable for its otherworldly petting zoo, complete lack of prisons, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 6.523 billion Alangradians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized, corrupt government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Education, Administration, and Industry are also considered important, while International Aid and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alantropolis. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Alangradian economy, worth a remarkable 3,383 trillion ostmarks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is a breathtaking 518,656 ostmarks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home, Alangrad isn't what it used to be, lifelong celibates are surprised to receive government-issue condoms in the post, and children's daycare starts at the crack of dawn. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Alangrad's national animal is the Moose, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Marxism-Alanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Alangrad was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- : Following new legislation in Alangrad, children's daycare starts at the crack of dawn.
- : Following new legislation in Alangrad, lifelong celibates are surprised to receive government-issue condoms in the post.
- : Following new legislation in Alangrad, Alangrad isn't what it used to be.
- : Following new legislation in Alangrad, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home.
- : Following new legislation in Alangrad, running away is an essential part of the elite forces' hand-to-hand training.
- : Alangrad was endorsed by The People's Republic of Sodoran Alesia.
- : Alangrad was endorsed by The Scarlet Republics of Redternetia.
- : Following new legislation in Alangrad, the nation's children are known for being even more apathetic and cynical than their parents.
- : Following new legislation in Alangrad, former televangelists are often seen begging skateboarders for donations.
Endorsements Received: 69 » Kethania, New Soviet States of America, Freed Europe, Anarhic Morrowind, GreatUnion of Soviet Socialist Republics, Shamian, Russaki, Kitchen Nation, Uinted Communist of Africa, Voronagrad, Dudaev, Wirkungsgrad, Vulga, Sinedominis, MLGDogeland, TrueArstotzka, Avanguard city, The State of Mao, Marxmeans, A Post-Apocalyptic Wasteland, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Transbiansylvania, Blakkland, Imperial Terra Australis, Servilis, Phallas, Itre, Soviet Felines, Mommano Dicus, Egaleca, Melito, Kergstan, Hamascas, Sestabolgia, Calusahatchii, Dynamic Revolution, North Fluedan, Neo Tyranis, Whitmoria, Land of Justinian, Socialist Union of Slavic Republics, Democratic Manceff, Unitary Transcaucasia, -Gregoria, Garbynia, Workers Party Catalonia, Old Mare, Celcistan, Thebrin, Lorgim Lukka, and 19 others.The Tarpeian Cliffs, Crescent Commune, Ostalgie, Collingwood, Socialist United States of Corporations, Harthis, Noxcesia, Ottomeme, Great Galanthia, Drumrum, Karelianastan, Ubertas, Trinakie, The Jacros, Rakukoku, Feyrisshire, United Soviets of the Socialist Republic, Tamirstan, and Redternetia.