The United Serene Republic of Saint Shepard is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Madame President with a fair hand, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, complete lack of prisons, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 6.445 billion Paragons hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint Citadel. The average income tax rate is 98.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Paragon economy, worth a remarkable 1,192 trillion dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 185,045 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
News headlines suggest that Madame President has a sideline in guinea pig pimping, the traditional Violetist dish of stuffed sheep's head is served with an intense look of shock upon its face, teenagers performing appendectomies on their friends has become a popular schoolyard prank, and feeling like a winner comes at a price. Crime is totally unknown. Saint Shepard's national animal is the cobra, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Saint Shepard voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "National Economic Freedoms"".
- : Saint Shepard voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Europeia"".
- : Saint Shepard was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Marxistans.
- : Saint Shepard voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rights for Crime Victims Act".
- : Saint Shepard was endorsed by The People's Republic of Colil.
- : Saint Shepard voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Realm of the Whispering Winds".
- : Saint Shepard was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Saint Shepard voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Voice of ARB".
- : Saint Shepard voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protections During Territorial Transitions".
- : Saint Shepard was endorsed by The Republic of Puaco.
Endorsements Received: 56 » Marxmeans, Shamian, Uinted Communist of Africa, Transbiansylvania, Soviet Felines, Kethania, Phallas, Karelianastan, Rothnia, Ganjallia, Luftetia, Bibliophilius, The United Kindom under Socialist Rule, Picuros, Whatevernext, Seungli, Council of America, Feyrisshire, Bruzzundunga, Floreznia, Tranbian, Mallissa, Brauengen, Proletariana, Kheltchistan, Soviet State of Covernant, Pangeaeae, Kominis, Wice, Rouvenor, Rohvenn, The Movion, Socialist Balkon, Borealian Communes, Heitoria, Comuny, Flying-Penguins, Socialist Heronia, Repolaa, Boyarkinskaya, FlyLands, Manchukurun, Jus Publicum Europaeum, Carrico, Tastiana, Exania, Liknovia, Respondus, Ugriasau, Sith Isles, and 6 others.Democratic-Socialists, Canadian Democratic Republics, Saxxony, Puaco, Colil, and Marxistans.