“Home of Big Tex!”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Power
The Incorporated NationStates of NewTexas is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Big Tex with a fair hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 24.288 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, liberal individuals is effectively ruled by the Department of Defence, with areas such as the Environment and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of NewAustin. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Uranium Mining.
NewTexas's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, inter-species marriages are ignored by the government, record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been reported, and there is a dearth of space for new houses. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. NewTexas's national animal is the Armadillo, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Fajita Taco.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 4 hours ago: NewTexas voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate St Abbaddon"".
- 1 day 3 hours ago: NewTexas voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Anarchy".
- 1 day 15 hours ago: NewTexas lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: NewTexas voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Adequate Sanitation".
- 2 days 11 hours ago: NewTexas endorsed The Dictatorship of Tanzinia.
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in NewTexas, there is a dearth of space for new houses.
- 3 days 10 hours ago: NewTexas approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Liberate St Abbaddon"".
- 3 days 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in NewTexas, record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been reported.
- 4 days ago: NewTexas lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- 4 days ago: NewTexas agreed to construct embassies between Texas and Global Right Alliance.
Endorsements Received: 35 » ElectronicDataSystems, Ewing Oil Co, South Aztlan, Gig em Aggies, Germany-Logania, Rorschach, Llama City One, Mimes Guild, Furry Felines, Bosiu, Another former VP, Holy smokers, Silver Minner, Lesser Whiteside, Makem, Lichian, Palmaire, Texarkana, United States of Woodward, Texan Hotrodders, Schooner Islands, Mangano, The South Plains of Texas, Mocanaqua, Marksvill, Orbital Station One, Dovakibg, Studly Penguins, Airship Armada, Dopiax, Darth Kermit, New Zealand, Bergnovinaia, Dennisov, and Halatio.