The Incorporated NationStates of NewTexas is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Big Tex with a fair hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, smutty television, and complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 26.418 billion NewTexans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, corrupt, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, although Industry is also considered important, while Environment and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of NewAustin. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient NewTexan economy, worth an astonishing 10,129 trillion Fajita Tacoes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 383,415 Fajita Tacoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Calling out of the blue has become taboo, most of the military's funding goes into researching space-age weaponry, billions of Fajita Tacoes are being blown on orbital weapons development, and the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The NewAustin Times is sold out. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. NewTexas's national animal is the Armadillo, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 4 hours ago: NewTexas lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in NewTexas, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The NewAustin Times is sold out.
- 19 hours ago: NewTexas lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in NewTexas, billions of Fajita Tacoes are being blown on orbital weapons development.
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in NewTexas, most of the military's funding goes into researching space-age weaponry.
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in NewTexas, calling out of the blue has become taboo.
- 2 days 16 hours ago: NewTexas endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Blandings and Fenwick.
- 2 days 17 hours ago: NewTexas lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 5 hours ago: NewTexas was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Blandings and Fenwick.
- 3 days 14 hours ago: NewTexas voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"".
Endorsements Received: 33 » ElectronicDataSystems, Ewing Oil Co, South Aztlan, Gig em Aggies, Rorschach, Llama City One, Furry Felines, Another former VP, Makem, United States of Woodward, Texan Hotrodders, Mocanaqua, Studly Penguins, Dennisov, Trecdom2, Darth Kermit, Corbtopia, AmandilTwo, Bosiu, Airship Armada, Independent Planets, New Zealand, Seeker Alpha, KUNLANDA, Caddland, Grays Harbor, Shiggy Donatello, Virtion, Garzekistan, PatrickStar, Norlosia, Ukroatia, and Blandings and Fenwick.