“Home of Big Tex! ¿Guacamole con su taco, señor?”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Power
The Big Tex Happy Taco Stands of NewTexas is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Big Tex with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 25.137 billion NewTexans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt individuals is effectively ruled by the Department of Defence, with areas such as the Environment and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of NewAustin. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Uranium Mining.
Protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, the roads are virtually falling apart, it's a common sight to see angry commuters with grenade launchers mounted on their vehicles, and corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. NewTexas's national animal is the Armadillo, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Fajita Taco.
Most Recent Government Activity: 54 minutes ago
- 39 minutes ago: Following new legislation in NewTexas, corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians.
- 4 hours ago: NewTexas lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- 4 hours ago: NewTexas voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"".
- 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in NewTexas, it's a common sight to see angry commuters with grenade launchers mounted on their vehicles.
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in NewTexas, the roads are virtually falling apart.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: NewTexas lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in NewTexas, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations.
- 2 days ago: Following new legislation in NewTexas, there is a dearth of space for new houses.
- 2 days ago: NewTexas voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "National Economic Freedoms"".
- 2 days 5 hours ago: NewTexas withdrew its approval for the World Assembly proposal "Commend Omigodtheykilledkenny".
Endorsements Received: 37 » ElectronicDataSystems, Ewing Oil Co, South Aztlan, Gig em Aggies, Germany-Logania, Rorschach, Llama City One, Furry Felines, Another former VP, Silver Minner, Makem, Palmaire, United States of Woodward, Texan Hotrodders, Mocanaqua, Studly Penguins, Dennisov, Halatio, Trecdom2, Independent Planets, Aquafireland WA, Darth Kermit, Airship Armada, Norlosia, AmandilTwo, Shiggy Donatello, Team Live Badass, Bearkat Country, Channelview, Mangano, Brownington Empire, Texan Nationalists, Minarchist, Light of the World, Texas and Coahuila, Blandings and Fenwick, and Lichian.