The Incorporated NationStates of NewTexas is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Big Tex with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, rampant corporate plagiarism, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 26.413 billion NewTexans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, corrupt, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, although Industry is also considered important, while Environment and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of NewAustin. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient NewTexan economy, worth an astonishing 10,125 trillion Fajita Tacoes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 383,334 Fajita Tacoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Politicians have to be granted day-release from prison to speak on bills, calling out of the blue has become taboo, most of the military's funding goes into researching space-age weaponry, and billions of Fajita Tacoes are being blown on orbital weapons development. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. NewTexas's national animal is the Armadillo, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in NewTexas, billions of Fajita Tacoes are being blown on orbital weapons development.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in NewTexas, most of the military's funding goes into researching space-age weaponry.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in NewTexas, calling out of the blue has become taboo.
- 1 day 20 hours ago: NewTexas endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Blandings and Fenwick.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: NewTexas lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: NewTexas was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Blandings and Fenwick.
- 2 days 17 hours ago: NewTexas voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"".
- 2 days 20 hours ago: NewTexas voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "On Genetically Modified Foods"".
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in NewTexas, politicians have to be granted day-release from prison to speak on bills.
- 3 days 9 hours ago: NewTexas lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 33 » ElectronicDataSystems, Ewing Oil Co, South Aztlan, Gig em Aggies, Rorschach, Llama City One, Furry Felines, Another former VP, Makem, United States of Woodward, Texan Hotrodders, Mocanaqua, Studly Penguins, Dennisov, Trecdom2, Darth Kermit, Corbtopia, AmandilTwo, Bosiu, Airship Armada, Independent Planets, New Zealand, Seeker Alpha, KUNLANDA, Caddland, Grays Harbor, Shiggy Donatello, Virtion, Garzekistan, PatrickStar, Norlosia, Ukroatia, and Blandings and Fenwick.