“Home of Big Tex and the Happy Easter Armadillos!”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Power
The Happy Easter Armadillos of NewTexas is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Big Tex with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of public education. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 24.545 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, liberal individuals is effectively ruled by the Department of Defence, with areas such as the Environment and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of NewAustin. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Book Publishing.
Record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been reported, there is a dearth of space for new houses, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods, and the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. NewTexas's national animal is the Armadillo, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Fajita Taco.
Most Recent Government Activity: 66 minutes ago
- 63 minutes ago: NewTexas lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- 64 minutes ago: NewTexas lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- 20 hours ago: NewTexas voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend The NationStates Community"".
- 20 hours ago: NewTexas voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- 1 day ago: NewTexas endorsed The Federation of Virtion.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: NewTexas lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in NewTexas, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- 2 days ago: NewTexas was endorsed by The Federation of Virtion.
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in NewTexas, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods.
- 2 days 23 hours ago: NewTexas approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Commend The NationStates Community"".
Endorsements Received: 40 » ElectronicDataSystems, Ewing Oil Co, South Aztlan, Gig em Aggies, Germany-Logania, Rorschach, Llama City One, Mimes Guild, Furry Felines, Bosiu, Another former VP, Silver Minner, Lesser Whiteside, Makem, Lichian, Palmaire, Texarkana, United States of Woodward, Texan Hotrodders, Schooner Islands, Mangano, The South Plains of Texas, Mocanaqua, Marksvill, Dovakibg, Studly Penguins, Bergnovinaia, Dennisov, Halatio, Ole Dixieland, Trecdom2, Independent Planets, Sweet Furry Kittens, Great South Island, Aquafireland WA, Darth Kermit, Airship Armada, Norlosia, Darkcape, and Virtion.