“Home of Big Tex!”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Power
The Incorporated NationStates of NewTexas is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Big Tex with a fair hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 24.261 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, liberal individuals is effectively ruled by the Department of Defence, with areas such as the Environment and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of NewAustin. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Uranium Mining.
Corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, NewTexas's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, and inter-species marriages are ignored by the government. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. NewTexas's national animal is the Armadillo, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Fajita Taco.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 3 hours ago: NewTexas approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Convention Against Genocide"".
- 3 hours ago: NewTexas voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate St Abbaddon".
- 7 hours ago: NewTexas lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- 7 hours ago: NewTexas voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Armaments Trading".
- 1 day 1 hour ago: NewTexas fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Extreme.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: NewTexas fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- 2 days 3 hours ago: NewTexas voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Cultural Site Preservation".
- 2 days 7 hours ago: NewTexas agreed to construct embassies between Texas and Spiritus.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: NewTexas approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "On Abortion"".
- 3 days 3 hours ago: NewTexas lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 40 » ElectronicDataSystems, Ewing Oil Co, South Aztlan, Gig em Aggies, Germany-Logania, Rorschach, Llama City One, Mimes Guild, Furry Felines, Bosiu, Another former VP, Holy smokers, Silver Minner, Lesser Whiteside, Makem, Lichian, Palmaire, Medie, Texarkana, United States of Woodward, The Texas, Texan Hotrodders, Schooner Islands, Mangano, The South Plains of Texas, Independent Planets, Mocanaqua, Marksvill, Orbital Station One, Dovakibg, Studly Penguins, Airship Armada, Dopiax, Trecdom2, AmandilTwo, Darth Kermit, New Zealand, Bergnovinaia, Dennisov, and Halatio.